Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Haley - and her adorable little piggy

Hi -
Please you are going to just have to bear with me, as I am HAVING to color all the Saturated Canary images that I got. :0) I started off with three when I first ordered a couple of weeks ago. But then she opened up her new store last Friday and well... they were on sale last weekend, so I had to do my part and get a more right? LOL You can find her store HERE -

Now I have to tell you this card took me forever last night but as I worked through it things started moving and working. But I had an unbelievable headache yesterday afternoon. The only way I can express how bad of headache is -  my teeth hurt, my ears hurt, my eyes hurt and I could feel my hair on my head. It was BAD!  But I ate a small dinner and then took some drugs and sat at my craft desk in the quiet and colored. With in about 1/2 hour I started feeling better and working with Haley and her adorable little piggy I started to not only feel better but became happy :0) How can you not with that piggy???
 I colored with my Copics, then cut her out with a Skinny Nestie Oval. Oh and of course her tutu had to have stickler added :0)

Then to my card -

Very special here... I cut into one of my Pion Design pieces of paper!!! These are super special paper you know! LOL It is hard to find here in the US. But I got hooked up by my good friend Bev - and then I placed another order with "Dies to Die For" - if you need those hard to find items... check this store out for sure!! She has so many fabulous items... I could fill a cart ten times every day there!

So I carefully cut into this precious paper... and sewed down a couple of patterns to a cream colored card stock, then to a kraft card stock base. I cut out a mat of kraft card stock to put behind Haley - But wanted "more" you know what I mean. Then I saw a Heartfelt Creations window die.. love all the scrolls on this So I inked it and slipped it between the ovals. Then added adhesive pearls - every little girl needs pearls.

My flowers in the corner - Fiskars branch punch, Martha Stewart branch and frond leaves punches, then of course those yummy Mulberry Roses - I got these from Wild Orchid Crafts. They do have the yummiest flowers you know.

I decorated the inside as well.. pretty much the same as the outside.

I have been leaving some of my cards "blank" - The last few times I have needed a card quick I go to my giant box of cards and find on that was perfect, but then the sentiment isn't... so I have been thinking unless my card is for something or someone special at the time of making it, then I am going to leave it as blank as I can so it will be good for lots of reasons. 

Now before publishing this one I took a spin around the challenges this morning to see what all it qualifies for... I am having so much fun playing :0)

Here are the challenges this card is submitted to - 
and just cuz it still fits the challenge :0) 

See you tomorrow... Whimsy Challenge Day! :0) 
HUGS and-

10 comments:

Becky said...

stunning card inside and out. Beautiful coloring.

Joann Burton said...

Such a cute cute card. Love it. Joann Sassy Raggedy

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Michelle.

Hugs Riet.xx

isisimaginings said...

Oooh, such a cute image!!! Your card is very beautiful.

Helen said...

what a gorgeous card!

Lena Katrine said...

Georgeous project! Thanks for taking part in our anything goes challenge at WOC this time :)
Hugs, Lena Katrine

Cynde said...

Gorgeous Card Michelle! Love the paper and colors of the card. Really stunning.

Anonymous said...

Texas Cropper says...

Super cute!!

Elaine said...

Michelle , beautiful inside and out well done Hugs Elaine

Caz said...

Beautiful card Michelle, thanks for joining in again with our challenge on SC Challenge blog.
Caz
x