Thursday, June 21, 2012

Saturated Canary - Rainy Days... and you know it has been almost two months since an injury!

Hello - Happy Thursday... Sorry I am so late this morning, heck it almost afternoon here! But whew... was just too worn out last night to even pick up a Copic, much less paper or anything else. I just couldn't finish the card that was 2/3rds done on my desk.

You see yesterday late afternoon we decided it was time to separate all the lady goats - and divide them into the pens with the guys... sounds easy right? Next time I will have to set up a camera to video Hubby and I. We tried to corral them to the end of the pen and lasso each girl. You know most of them are all super friendly and loving, until they find out you are moving them and taking them into that "other" pen. Over an hour later we had most all of them placed either in Peso's Pen or Frankie's Pen. And then we created a third Buck pen for Cleatus... since he hasn't sold yet we decided to take advantage of his handsome looks and give him a few girls too.

We still had Annie left, one of the original 4 goats, and one of the most skittish. And she has no horns... which means no handles to hold onto. Well we had her trapped and she bolted...I lunged for her, cuz it she got past me, Hubby would not be happy right? Well I GOT HER! And then I realized she was still running... I was being dragged... and then suddenly I was thrown down. No worries... I popped back up and went on after her! A few minutes later we had her, and got her in with Frankie. Whew all is well... until I realized that something had gotten on my leg. I looked down.. and uh oh... I had bright red all over me. Pulled up the leg of my pants, and yep... I have been injured again! Evidently when I got thrown to the ground I hit a rock or something, the side of my knee had a 3 inch gash in it. Didn't even know it! Hubby freaked... ran me in and went into his Doctor routine. I told him he really needed to take some classes, and become a certified paramedic, as I am really keeping him busy with his medical know how. He wasn't laughing....   It is a pretty deep gash. What I can't figure out is why it didn't hurt doing it and why it isn't more painful now. I honestly forget it is there unless I bump it, and animal jumps on it... or when I see it when he is cleaning it and adding more meds.  Then I get a little oozy. It is not a pretty thing.  Don't worry... my nurse is making sure I take very good care of it. And I have promised that if it doesn't heal well and look ok in the next day or so I will go and see my "real" Doctor. I am lucky it wasn't worse. I don't know how I get hurt all the time. I think maybe it is a mix of a few things. One I am a klutz in general. Two I forget that I can't see anything to the right of me, so I get way to close to things when I shouldn't and slam into things. And Three... well I am a "big girl" and I can say this about myself ok.. Fat girls just don't move quick and can't get out of the way quick.. LOL  Hubby just rolls his eyes and says not funny... but I do think all three total up to an injuries pretty often in my world.

Good news, the gals are in with the guys today. Mom's and babies are not happy being apart. It is pretty loud out there - but now we can start counting down to fall babies :0) And the weaning is part of how it has to be.

How about my card now? I got the laundry started this morning and then cleaned the kitchen. Then I got my card finished. When I started this card, I thought it would be a perfect image to show today as we had a huge chance of big time rain today. Very much needed rain. And now.. the chances are much much less - and only for late today a shower. I hope we get it - that was my whole reason for using one of my new Saturated Canary images ;0)

Totally Love this one, "Rainy Day"

Just adore those rain boots! I so want a pair. Don't need them often enough, but as cute as they are I would wear them all the time anyway.  I colored my gal with Copics. She ended up a tad bit bolder than I had intended. I started off trying to match the peaches and tans from the gorgeous Pion Designs paper... YES I cut into a Pion Designs paper!! Two to be correct. It hurt, but I love them and how they look with this image. She is bold, but still I think she matches pretty well. I created layers and sewed them together. I then went through my dies to find something to run across. I found this gorgeous lace die from Heartfelt Creations. I have had it over a year and don't know if I have ever used it. Will be more now! I love it! I cut one from the cream card stock, and then a second one from a piece of scrap Pion Designs brown pattern paper. I layered it behind the cream then just slightly slid to the left to create a shadow look. So happy with that!  Then I cut out a Fanciful Flourish die from Cheery Lynn Designs, went to pull out a few peach colored mulberry roses... and uh oh .. I had NONE! OH my... I finally found a few off white roses that had pink centers. I used a Copic, and colored over the pink, and then the edges. So happy with that. A few tiny brown roses, Martha Stewart Frond and Branch punches and done! ... almost. I added the dots of Viva Decor Pearl Pen to the upper right corner. Salmon and dark brown colors. :0)

The inside is plain - simple waiting for what ever is needed.


These images really do make me happy using them. Love them. Hubby says they are a little freaking with such big eyes - I say yea I use to think that too... they suck you and then you fall in love with them... Right.

Did a quick surf to see what my card qualifies for around the challenge blogs -

For sure I had to put it in the hat for the Saturated Canaries Guest DT Challenge right? Fingers Crossed there.. wink wink

PaperPlay Challenge - Use a Die ( I have two on my card, yea!)
Wild Orchid Challenge - Anything Goes (my roses are from Wild Orchid) And they limit to three challenges so I'll stop there...

Well I am way behind today... Bottle Baby Goat Sandy is surely calling for her lunch -so I will run. See you tomorrow for Just Magnolia and Hanglar Challenge -

Have a wonderful day!
HUGS and

8 comments:

okienurse said...

Beautiful card. Live the coloring and papers you used in making it! I understand the big girl klutziness you talk about. I also understand not feeling it when you hurt yourself. I sometimes have to stop and think what I was doing that could have caused this or that bruise or cut. Dr tells me its a neurological problem that's part of a disorder I have. Fibromyalgia and CFS/ME! Who would have thought. Have a great day. Love the goat and donkey stories. C

okienurse said...

Beautiful card. Live the coloring and papers you used in making it! I understand the big girl klutziness you talk about. I also understand not feeling it when you hurt yourself. I sometimes have to stop and think what I was doing that could have caused this or that bruise or cut. Dr tells me its a neurological problem that's part of a disorder I have. Fibromyalgia and CFS/ME! Who would have thought. Have a great day. Love the goat and donkey stories. C

Heidi Brawley said...

WOW this card is Gorgeous!!! love it all!! OMG I can't believe you got hurt again!!! Take care doll!!! I will pray for rain for you!!! We could use some here in Tucson, AZ too!!!
hugs,Heidi

Rhonda Miller said...

That doesn't sound like fun. Lol.

Your card is gorgeous.

Helen said...

Hi Michelle, please be more careful with yourself, but I can imagine when you are wrestling to catch a lady goat you don't watch out. I have the same habit; when it comes to my dogs I don't see any danger for myself (which gets me in trouble sometimes as well). Hope you will recover soon with the help of Dr. Hubby Your card is super gorgeous; love this lady and the colours used are great. Hugs from Holland.
p.s. we have some heavy shower of rain here tonight, will try to send some your way.

Rufus said...

Sounds like it Should hurt! Glad it doesn't. You are giving hubby Way to much practice in first aid and triage! Keep an eye on it and get to the real doc if needed. To bad you didn't video tape it...sounds like a wild time. Fantastic card today, really like your color combo! Hope those boots brought you luck in the rain dept. I can hear thunder off to my west, but don't think it's gonna get to me...to bad.
R/

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

oh i love those boots aa well, and she is so cute, good luck on DT!

Kelly L said...

What a lovely card, Michelle! I just love Saturated Canary images too. I think the eyes just draw you in and make you fall in love with them more.

As for the injury part - OH my, I do hope it is healing well, and you listen to your hubby. If its lookin nasty, get it checked soon. So glad it's not hurting you though. Ya know what they say - paper cuts usually hurt worse than gashes. So take care of yourself. We will all be thinking of you and saying a prayer for fast healing. Hugs, Kelly :)