Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Melt Down!

Ok, I love this stamp and sentiment!!!! It is just too funny especially this week!

These are both new releases from Alota Rubber Stamps - and I loved this one as soon as I saw it. And it came in perfect time to join in on the Paper Craft Planet Alota Group Challenge this week... and the challenge to have "Snow" on your card. Well I think my melting snowman qualifies!

For my card I started stamped my image and sentiment on brown craft paper, this way when I colored the snowman with a Snow Marker... it would pop on the paper. The rest of the image is colored with my Copics. And then cut out with my Circle Nesties.

I found an off white card stock for the base, then layered scraps of Basic Grey papers. I doodled the edges of the image and then again around the red pattern paper. I found a dark red satin ribbon and tied a bow around the pattern papers.  It really went together fast and I love it!

To find the snowman set called Aussie Snowman visit HERE you get lots of funny snowmen and "parts" and the sentiments! And to find the Snow Markers click HERE you can get it at the same time at Alota!!

Now to join in on our Paper Craft Planet challenge and WIN some great stamps POP on over HERE.

Now off to get some Christmas presents done, and get the house clean. Then tomorrow I can start some baking... I hope!

HUGS and-

8 comments:

Jo said...

Michelle, I love it and the paper is gorgeous, one of the best Christmas cards I have seen!! hugs Jo x

DawnMarie said...

Oh lol Michelle this is a fab stamp, poor snowman. Great card, love the colours you've used here. Don't think Mr Snowman would melt here, its 'freezing'!!! Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Michelle,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kelly Schelske said...

This is fabulous Michelle! Love the snowman on kraft paper, great!

Happy baking!

Danni said...

this made me giggle..so fun!! Fantastic card!

Yvonne said...

A card with a smile! Very nice Michelle. Yvonne

Martine said...

ooo this is beautiful sweetie :), Also just wanted to pop by and wish you a very merry christmas, i hope that you and your family have a lovely one :), Take care darlin


xx

Martine

Scrapadinne said...

Cute card! =) I like the dark red ribbon. It looks just perfect.

Hugs
/Evelina, Sweden