Friday, December 4, 2015

Whimsy Stamps - Snail & Butterfly Toadstool

Howdy -

The sun has been shining and it has been really beautiful outside the last few days, little chilly but beautiful. And this made me want to find a little nature to color! Whimsy Stamps "Snail and Butterfly Toadstool" is just perfect!  illustrated by Krista Heij-Barber.



Normally I would have done this is pastel or really springy colors, but this time I decided to go a little country fall with the colors. All the papers are from BoBunny's Juliet collection. Love the richness of these papers. And when I saw those polka dots... well had to be! I used a Kraft card stock for the base and then colored up the image with my Copics (colors below). I sewed all the papers down with straight and zig zag stitches after inking all the edges with Ranger's Distress Ink.

For some added outdoor embellishment I punched out a Martha Stewart Fence and grass border for the bottom. A very old mulberry flower and then the sentient "Just A Note" from the Simply Stitched Circles Sentiment Collection. Now you must see all the great sentiments with this set and if you hurry... it is on sale right now!!

Inside more of the same papers - 


Copic colors used -


Hope you enjoyed my little nature card today - Make sure to visit the Whimsy Stamps Store and see all the newest items for sale! HERE

I think I will go outside and enjoy some sunshine and pet on a few of my "kids"....
HUGS and-

No comments: