Saturday, May 20, 2017

Animal Crackers - Peppermints are the BEST!

Howdy -

A few odds and ends photos this week. Snapped a few with my phone when something just caught me as a good photo... and this one with Hubby and "the men" was just too cute.


We had lunch earlier in the day at our favorite Mexican food restaurant... you know those little red and white peppermints you pick up on the way out? Well Hubby always picks up three... one for him, one for me and one extra.... then he saves them all for the donkeys! LOL Sometimes the standard 3 donkeys get them, sometimes the men in the new front pen. And let me tell you they all LOVE getting their peppermint treats! A favorite for sure. Lips go out sucking air in and out for the most cool refreshment! Ha! Diego, Rico and Miguel were requesting more than one a piece please -

I had to show off this photo of my little boy Autie. He cracks me up. He prances across the yard, I think he knows he looks handsome with his hair blowing in the wind!


 But then something will become serious - you know a donkey in the distance, Moxie the outside dog running by his fence, a goat, a chicken clucking in the pen next to the yard.. heck a butterfly... and he takes off and becomes a mess again. LOL

Now I think you all know that Hubby has a large "cat house" he rescued a few cats at his old business and rather than letting them die or get run over he built them a house and a large pen with logs and benches, indoor area with beds and heat lamps in the winter. Heck a really nice house and yard. They are safe and spoiled rotten. Well this photo of Samantha just cracked me up the other day.


This cat knows she is going to get attention and a few head rubs, ear scratches and loving. And some days a can of special cat food just cuz they are so special. Well the other day she was being extra vocal in getting my attention. Putting it all into that "MEEEOOOWW"  Eyes closed and as loud as she could. LOL ok... stop what I was doing and go in for some loving. Sorry,.... didn't have that can of food with me... "Dad will take it out later to you Samantha... " such a sweet kitty.

Speaking of sweet... how cut is Libbie in her "box"



The girl has beds in nearly every area of the house. Nice expensive cozy beds.... and nope she wanted to curl up in "Dads" Topo Chico box... What is it with children and liking the boxes? LOL

I am SOOO excited! Almost as excited as Hubby... You see a sweet lady that we sold a few goats too a while back, contacted us and remembered we wanted more Guineas... she has lots of babies!!!

Hope our old ladies are ready for some new friends!!


 We will get them in the next couple of days I think. They are still really little so will have to stay in our chick house until bigger. But then we will introduce them to the old girls. Hope they will show them the ropes and the good places to get in the goat pen.

Hope you have a wonderfully blessed weekend. We have rain in the forecast most all weekend. Praying we get it as things are drying out here and a little more green would be nice before the hot hot summer.

HUGS and

2 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Good morning. I love mints too! ;) Funny how much the donkeys do. I remember when the cats came. None of them very friendly. Sweet Samantha seems to have figured out how good they have it now. More Guineas, aren't they noisy?

okienurse said...

Awesome post today! It seems like the boys have dad figured out! I think all the critters do! I remember when the cats came and how they hissed and hid! Was hoping they would eventually come around. I love my critters more then I do most days and can't understand people being mean to any animal. I am glad you are happy about getting more guineas! They definitely keep the June bug problems down and my folks were the best guard dogs ever! Have a great week Michelle! Vickie aka Okienurse