Saturday, March 9, 2024

Animal Crackers - Beautiful Spring Day

Howdy - 

Yesterday morning was a cloudy yucky start. We were suppose to get some good rain, but it broke up and went around us... again. But when the clouds broke, the sun came out and it was a beautiful spring day. 

Here in Texas you know it is Spring when the Bluebonnets arrive! 

 

Along the highways, or large fields they are a gorgeous site. We have some large patches on our property. And even a few in our back yard. So pretty! 

Now the first thing I do when going out to visit the fur children is check on those that we keep the close watch on due to their age and health. 

Darlene was up first. Little heart stop when I didn't find her in her pen. But all was good when I got the gate open and made my way to her private hut. She was just taking a little morning rest. 

 

It was all good - she grunted and popped up and followed me around her pen. Then went to her left over breakfast and started eating. My old girl.. Darlene. 

Next was Old Black Jack.... Her neighbor.

 

He is getting hard to get good close up photos of, he just keeps coming at me full force for loving. I so totally adore this old man. When we purchased him so many years ago he wouldn't let us touch him. He was a crabby jack that wasn't friendly at all.  Years here with us and he knows he is safe and seems to be very happy. Oh and LOVES head, ear and rear end scratches with lots of attention. 

So two oldest fur children are all good! I then go to the ladies goat pen to check on Crissy. She gave me a horrible scare this week. So much so that I called Hubby at work to let him know she was not well at all and I thought it was coming close to her end. He got home that night and she was up, breathing well and seemed ok. I find her today and she looks great! And was out chomping down like crazy enjoying the new Spring grass!

So happy! I then head off to visit everyone else and snap more photos. I always make sure to have a chat with Alvin. But he too was enjoying a shady spot and napping.


Didn't want bother him... he seemed so comfortable and enjoying his morning snooze. Sounds like a plan I would like have a nap too... LOL I'll go back out for our daily chat later.

Then I heard Little Rooster scream out... He talks 24/7... I think he was just showing off his women. 



I snapped a photo of him screaming out ... again... he is adorable. 

Came back in after finishing the rounds. Went back inside and there was a little Meow in the window next to the back door. 

McLaren was watching me the entire time I was outside from her window bed.

 

McLaren is the one we call Psycho Kitty. Oh my this little girl has two speeds. Zero resting/sleeping and then speed of light insane. She is Hubby's kitty. As she seems to have claimed him and chooses his lap in the evenings. That is once she calms down... for about 30 minutes she must head butt, jump, kneed, and just beat Hubby up before she settles down. I'm good with her liking him best. LOL But I do love her. And I am good with Ferrari or Bubba who are calm and sweet in my lap.

Well I do hope you enjoyed this week and have your Animal Crackers smile. Until next week... 

HUGS and

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I so miss the Blue Bonnets, enjoy Spring! Hugs,Lori K

Carol Dee said...

Blue Bonnets are so pretty. We do not have them here in IOWA.

Ginger Shaw said...

What beautiful flowers.
They are like the bluebells in England.
Don’t see them in Australia.
So glad your older babies are doing well.
They are so precious.