Saturday, July 13, 2024

Animal Crackers - Between the Showers

Howdy - 

 Yesterday afternoon I got busy and was late getting out to take photos. Then it started raining. I waited for that shower to stop, and then was going to go out and was working and by the time I realized it stopped raining another shower was almost to us. I grabbed some shoes and my camera and went out try and get my my photos. It was thundering... and was starting to rain. Most everybody was already heading for cover. Chipmunk was trying to get some of his remaining breakfast  before it was too late.

 

He is so sweet though he just had to come and see me for some loving too. Love this guy! Even if he is totally stinky!! 

I heard the chickens making noises. You would have thought that they would have been in their huts. But nope they were getting perched up and hunker down for the shower coming. They crack me up! 

They are not afraid of the rain at all and just sit there and take the rain... they stay out in it. They do it for the rain, the snow whatever. My chickens are strange. LOL

Now they aren't afraid of the rain.... but me with my camera.... that spooks them and they fly off!

 

Sigh.....  Like I said strange chickens.... 

I turned towards the lady goats and man it was dark over the hay barn. And then it thundered LOUD. But you can't hear that in the photo.... I don't think I am going too far out to take photos I don't want to get soaked. So I headed in!!

 I came in and found McLaren sitting on the end of the bed in deep thought. Do I want to know what she is thinking about? I don't really know, her nickname is "Crazy".... I might be better off not knowing. LOL

 

Hubby picked up a great old concrete bird bath this week at an estate sale! We haven't had one in years. Just in time for the summer heat for the birdies!

Now I need to catch some our gorgeous red cardinal birds getting a drink! 

Hope you all are having a wonderfully blessed weekend. We finally got a little  bit of rain so we are feeling blessed this weekend! Hugs from all of us here!

No comments: