Saturday, August 24, 2024

Animal Crackers - HOT

Howdy - 

HOT that is about it here... This last week we are making up for our nice June and July temps. We hit 108 one day this week. Animals have been staying pretty much in the shade.. and not doing much. They seem to be coming out and eating at night more than the day lately. So there were not too many wanting their photos taken.  

Jorge - has a big tree that he likes to park under during the day. Good place to keep a watch on things, but still stay in the shade. Handsome Man for sure.

Found Darlene in her hut. She likes her hut. Spends afternoons  there. Soft dirt inside to nap in and she can still get a bit of a breeze there. Well when there is a breeze. This week it was more hot air. Poor old girl, she is tough... and smart stay in the shade girl.


When I went out to see if the ladies would let me take photos they were all out in the pen and hiding under the trees. But I did manage to get Hannah and her Mommy Bella to come up. A little head scratches and then they went straight to the water... drank a few gallons then went back out to the trees. Don't guess it was me they came out for -


They always move around like this. Mom Bella and then Hannah behind her. Only time they are apart is when Hannah is off playing with her buddy Juliet. Bella snorts and Hannah comes back. But honestly I think Bella thinks of it as babysitting her kid and lets her play... ha.

 Inside... it was just too hot outside and it wasn't even noon yet. Chica was stretched out in the middle of the kitchen. Sweet little girl, she hasn't spent her normal time outside, she loves to lay outside and listen to all the animals. But this week, nope out do her business quick and then right back to the back door to go inside. AC is a wonderful thing!

 

Then one of the kitties... Ferrari. They love the window beds. Nice view, sunny spot but in the air conditioning. Perfect for napping. This is how Ferrari sleeps... yep she is comfortable in her home. 

 

Sorry I went MIA for a couple of weeks. Things got crazy busy and I just checked out and tackled things that I needed to, and my photos slipped. I will do my best to keep on track. But here and there I just may have to let a things slide, hope you will forgive me. :0)

HUGS and -

3 comments:

TA Carbone said...

Glad you are ok and everyone is well

Anonymous said...

So glad everything is ok! Everyone needs breaks, glad you were able to! Just worried since it was out of the norm. ❤️ Hope everyone will be ok with the heat, my son is miserable at A&M! Lori K

Carol Dee said...

Ugh, I do not like the heat either. Glad all is well.