Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Looking Chic - love this girl!

I made this card a few weeks ago, but couldn't show it until now - I love all the Stampavie Penny Johnson images, but I think Looking Chic is my favorite... "so far"...LOL

I think one of the reasons I love her so much is that little puppy :0) but a second is the fact that I just adore dressing her! She is so easy to paper piece with pattern paper, I just wish I looked that cute in a coat!  I colored with my Copics, and then stamped her on a piece of DCWV glitter paper and cut out her coat and pieced it on her for a pretty red and white coat -
The card is really much simpler than it looks. I  used a white card stock for the base, then the same red and white pattern paper as a full mat. A scrap of white card stock punched with the Martha Stewart Embroidered Floral border/Corner punches. I sewed everything down with red thread, and then the image with a blanket stitch. I ran a piece of red and white dotted ribbon as a band under the image. And do you love those HUGE brads? They are from Heidi Swapp - I have had them forever, and found them in the bottom of a box... two white ones I used here, and two pink ones I can't wait to use on another!

For the sentiment, I punched out a heart with my Nesties - matted with the scalloped heart. Stamped with a Hero Arts "Hugs and Heart", the red stitching is hand drawn on ... didn't want to sew my finger on that small heart.. LOL

Hope you like it - I like how it came out... I just have so much fun paper piecing... it is like paper dolls for adults. HA!

HUGS and -

6 comments:

Judi said...

FAB card, LOVE IT!

Judi xxx

Irena said...

Very cute image, wonderful card, lovely papers :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute image Michelle!

Shirl said...

This is absolutely beautiful Michelle, I love the paper that you used for her coat and the background :)

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Michelle,i love your image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

diane zechman said...

I love paper-piecing too! This is so cute!