Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Spoon Full of Sugar - Best Wishes/Good Luck

Today's Spoon Full of Sugar is for Best Wishes a Good Luck project. Great timing as I needed a Best Wishes card for a friend :0) And one of my favorite images to use for Good Wishes or Thinking of you .. is Stampavie's Tina Wenke Mouse in a Teacup - I just love this image!! Fun to color and too adorable.

I tried to do a bit lighter coloring with my Copics. I tend to be a "heavy colorer" (.... I know that isn't a word, but hey it works here... )  So I tried to go lighter in colors and use of ink. Was tough, but I like it... and it still ended up a bit more than I was going for.

For my card I pulled out DCWV Linen Closet stack, love this collection, so pretty - and has a touch of sparkle. I layered and then cut into the scallops of one of the patterns in order to slip another layer behind. I sewed everything together. I cut my image with my oval Nesties, and then matted with another pattern cut with the scallop nesties.  I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment Best Wishes across the bottom... a bit "black" I wish I had tried a different color, but it was all put together so it was what it was. I added three small white pearl buttons to the top corner. Simple but I like it.

Now you can visit A Spoon Full of Sugar and see all the DT Best Wishes and Good Luck cards - too cute and too pretty! And then join us for the challenge and the prizes!

HUGS and -


6 comments:

Carol Dee said...

How sweet is that!?!? Love the mosues in the teacup and those pretty papers.

Riet said...

So beautiful card Michelle,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Niki Estes said...

Michelle, this is so cute! I love the soft colors you used and your coloring is beautiful!

Irena said...

This card is super cute and beautiful.
The image is great and perfect colored.

Tracy said...

Awww gorgeous and adorable.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

helencreaty1 said...

ohhh it 's so adorable,=), I love it
hugssss
helen