Saturday, March 5, 2011

Animal Crackers - A few Donkeys, A Goat, - a Bad Puppy & A Minnie Update

Man... the wind is blowing HARD today! Gust up to 60MPH!!! Really makes satellite Internet not fun to work with. So I am really running late today - Sorry :0(

So today I have a few shots for you.. and then to close I have a "Minnie" update!!
Now take a look at this photo of Lacey... and tell me that these donkeys don't have a funny sense of humor! Lacey is one of our goof-balls. This Gal loves to "play" with you. When Hubby is in the pen with a hat on, as soon as he bends down she will steal it off his head. If you have shoe strings... she will un-tie them... if you have anything hanging out of a pocket, she will pick your pocket and run off with whatever it is! You can see it in her eyes... she is a real comedian!
Gloria - this one is a control freak. She likes to think she is the one in charge. Including Hubby and myself. She will scream out at us if we are not feeding fast enough. And she is very PUSHY when she wants something or to go somewhere. When moving through gates - she insists that she should be the first to go through... very frustrating this one - but with a face like that we still love her!
Miss Cocoa - she is our big girl. One of our standard Donkeys that roam the entire property. Now this girl has the life. She is in control of the other two standards. She leads, they follow. NO questions. She eats first, She drinks first, she decides where to bed down for the night. Sadly she is a tad skittish, oh she will let you rub on her rear end. And if she sees you have carrots or peppermints she will hang around, but she is very jumpy and will run from you if you move to fast. We purchased her as a full grown donkey, all ready bred. That is how we got Valentine her boy. So we don't know for sure what her life was like before us. She is calmer with women, then men. We think that maybe a previous owner was not so nice to her. But now for the rest of her life she has it pretty good, and is in total control of everything.
Last week I got a great photo of Chloe.. this week Jill wanted a close up taken. She is one of my super friendly goats. This one will climb right up into my lap. Cute when she was the size of a kitten... now well.. she is getting a bit big for that, even though she is the smallest goat we have.. so cute and tiny.. just love her!

Hmmm wonder why my house is always full of Dog hair?? LOL He is stunning though isn't he? Really gorgeous when he is just out of a bath and brushed and dry, but that look only last about 2 minutes. My Handsome Man.....
Bad Chica... and BAD MOMMY... Yep I got in trouble too while taking this photo. Just as I was snapping this photo of Chica, Hubby yells across the yard at me. "Are you letting her eat my new rose bush???"  My answer... "Well no, I won't let her eat it, but I didn't want to yell at her to stop until I got the cute photo first!" LOL Priorities you know??

AND NOW HOW ABOUT A MINNIE UPDATE!!!! Oops first correction, Not Minnie now her name is Dixie now... and lets see do you think she is being spoiled and treated up to my standards?
Actually I think this little girl is treated like a princess... totally spoiled, and totally loved! Her new owners are wonderful, we keep in touch with text messaging and we get fabulous photos of her. It is so wonderful to just have your phone beep and find a fun photo of a little puppy you miss. But I know down deep that this couple was the perfect match for Minnie..darn it...Dixie...  Only problem, we just wish they were closer to us, I think we would all have a lot of fun together! One day we will visit though!  Man... is she a gorgeous dog or what?

No Libbie photo this week, she is going through a bad stage, we are trying to get through it with patience and care. But all the barking and running through the house is about to drive me NUTS! Still love her to pieces, but seriously after a few hours of that high pitch barking at everything and at nothing I am loosing it! LOL Just tell me...  It will pass right???

Have a wonderful Saturday!

10 comments:

Cards By MI said...

They are all so adorable. Wonderful to read about their personalities. Thanks for sharing.
Love n hugs
Marie

LorraineB said...

I LOVE the photos. So much personality in those faces. Libby will outgrow it (yeah right - lol). I wish I lived in your State!! I would definitely come to your house to hang around with all those wonderful 4 legged family members. Would be nice to meet you too - lol.

Carol Dee said...

All the photos are wonderful;. What is it about rose bushes and dogs. My husbands dog. A 60# Whachtelhund litterally chewed off at ground level a very thick and thorny rose? It never survived. So we tried again. Same thing. No more roses for use as William must like thorns! Have a fun weekend, hugs...

Kirsten Alicia said...

This is a wonderful selection of photos Michelle, thanks for sharing them. There's definitely a gleam of mischief in Miss Lacey's eye. :) The pic of Chica eating the rose bush made me laugh out loud - she looks so innocent! It's lovely to know that Dixie is having a happy life in her new home. You will have to arrange to meet her new family in the middle of both your homes so you see her in 'real life'.

BethW said...

Ain't life grand with our "babies".I don't know what I would do without mine-they bring so much happiness into my life.

Jolita said...

I always love your animalcrackers! They all look sooo cute, you've gotta love them.

Hugs,
Jolita

Helen said...

Hi Michelle, thanks for sharing this with us. Especially the Chica in the rose bush picture is lovely. Nice to hear that the new owners of Minnie/Dixy keep you updated on her. Hope that Libbie comes over it fast, know how this barking can make you nuts (one of my little fur sweethearts is doing the same every now and then). Hugs for your cuties. Helen

Lucy said...

Lacey is adorable - just like my Lacey, a boxer dog. And I also have a "Jill", my princess daughter.Thanks for sharing your photos. I enjoy them. Lucy

:)) ...Вика said...

Прелестные животные!

Peachy Wessels said...

All of your animals are so cute! You have a great style when writing about them. So much fun!