Saturday, August 28, 2021

Animal Crackers - Procrastination

Howdy -

Procrastinating - most of the time I can do a bit of procrastinating and still work things out and get things done... but yesterday well... all morning I need to go out and take photos. Kept working, switch laundry, work some more, get lost in sorting cool old items to sell... I need to go out and take photos... Mom calls... No problem I will go out as soon as we talk. We Talk ... We Talk... We talk... why is it getting so dark? Oh my is that thunder... uh Mom it is pour down rain! LOL That is a pop up thunderstorm. Darn it ... photos are going to not be good! Everyone will be hiding or soaking wet! LOL OH well it cooled it off and we never complain about rain right? So after the rain paused for a bit I ran out to see if I could find anyone to pose for me. 

First I headed over to Big Al... Big Al ALWAYS will come for lovings! He is now living in one of the big boy pens. Lots of room to run around and lots of grass! He is LOVING it! So much so that even during the thunderstorm he refused to come in! He was soaked!


 Normally during the rain he is in the hut, nice and dry. He would pay no attention to me and was happily munching and pulling weeds. Now the Standards, the three stooges were not far from the side of his pen, and I think it made him feel all grown up to be out grazing with the "big" donkeys. LOL Yeah.. I won't take offense and get sad that he wouldn't come to me, right? Teenagers... 

Now Black Jack has moved into the smaller pen for a while. Good for Big Al to spread out and even better for Black Jack as he is needing a bit more geriatric care and feeding lately. He is an old man and some days it really shows on how he gets around. 


Now yesterday he was having a pretty good day... so much so that he was following me around nudging me and letting me know that the bowl on the ground... you see it... yes that one there... uh it is empty. Maybe you can get me more of that super yummy "old people food". Sorry Black Jack one bowl in the morning one bowl at night. It must really be good he normally isn't one to beg for food. Happy with hay or grass. But this stuff ... mmmmm. Doesn't look that yummy to me but he loves it! LOL 

Just about then I heard Spec take a short flight up to the top of her hut. She is getting up in age for a chicken, but still stunning and has lots of personality. 


She is one of the only chickens that "Dad" will let come out of the coop while he is feeding. She doesn't go far and as soon as the feed hits the ground she is back in, but she is trusted. The others are total bird brains and you never know where they are going! ha!

Went over to check on the girl goats after that. There was still the occasional rain drop and it was still thundering. So there was really no one in sight. Then from around one of the huts came old lady Chloe. 


She made her way all the way over to me and gave me this sweet look. I think that was a so nice to see you I love you Mom how about some head scratches. yes that is it. I loved all over her. So sweet... when I walked away she grunted and gave me a look... Yeah I know you really wanted some fresh dry hay. What she had was wet... Sorry girl loving is all I have for you, even though those eyes just melt me. 

Speaking of eyes that melt... I had come inside and this was waiting just inside the back door. 

Chica LOVES to go outside - run, bark at everything, see if the outdoor cats have left any cat food to sneak.. then run and bark again. UNLESS... it is raining. Girl hates to go out when it is raining. Autie... he doesn't care he will march out and take his time no matter what. But this little girl hates it. Well she had to go out. I knew she had to go and I made her. She got a tiny bit wet... oh my she wasn't happy with me. Look at her just so sad she had to get wet. She was fine as soon as I rubbed all over her including her wet belly. She was happier then. Then I said one word.. "Cookie" and all is forgiven and she was doing her pogo stick jumps and all happy again. Love this silly girl. 

Here is another girl we love - I took early yesterday morning out the back window. That fence is from the backyard to the rest of the property. Where Cocoa has the run of things. This is her every morning spot... as soon as the sun comes up she positions herself right in front of the gate. 


You see if you are in front of the gate you will not get missed for breakfast. You have to be fed first just to get you out of the way. LOL - SMART! But seriously "Dad" has never forgotten you Cocoa. 

One last photo - I have named this pretty creature "Satellite" - 


This is a golden orb - very common here they are all over the property. And they are master web spinners. And I guess you can figure out where this one has spun her trap? She has an elaborate structure from the house to the satellite dish - huge and impressive. Even if you don't like spiders you have to give them credit for all the work they do and their talent. They have their job in nature and they take it seriously. Just glad I am a little higher on the food chain and not the object of that web! 

Hope you enjoyed this week - got a smile even if it is a little rained on. 
Have a very blessed weekend 
HUGS and 

 

No comments: