Tuesday, July 24, 2012

High Hopes Challenge - Cow Ya Doin?

So Cow Ya Doin? LOL I love it... I have been having so much fun playing with all the High Hopes stamps :0) Back to my roots you could say. This week over at the High Hopes challenge blog the challenge is Ribbon and/or Lace - Easy Peasy right? No stress there -

For me I was dying to ink up this Cow Couple.. and I added behind them the adorable farm background -


This couple cracks me up.. they are called "American Cowthic " See even the name is hysterical! And they work perfectly masked with the background farm scene called "Farm Background ".  Colored with my Copics ( colors below) and then sewed down to a piece of Nesties die cut Tim Holtz kraft core Core'dinations red card stock. Forgot I had this paper pad and ran across it a few days back and now I am going nuts with the stuff. Love how the light sanding shows off a kraft card stock. For my papers I went with a new paper pad I got last week while at Archivers. (Really good thing that place in not anywhere close to me!) Anyway the 6x6 paper pad is from Simple Stories and is called Summer Fresh. Totally love all the papers in this stack, very country. I inked the edges of the lighter papers with Distress Ink Tea Dye I believe. then sewed down with a zig zag stitch.

As per the challenge I found ribbon to go across the bottom.. but wait! Then I found some lace that is the exact shade to match the kraft card stock... so I used both! Three buttons finish off the front embellishments. The sentiment is also from High Hopes.. and worked out perfectly to just stamp right on the top pattern paper. "Cow ya doin?"  Ha! Great just for giggles card for a friend don't you think?

Inside is simply two pieces of the pattern paper, inked on the edges and zig zag stitched - Lots of room for a personal note -


Here are my copies used.



Are you liking the copies photographed? Does it help. I hope so...

Now please pop on over to the High Hopes Challenge blog and see the other DT's work, and then join us! Really great chances to win some stamps of your own to play with!!

So it is Tuesday... what is going on in your world? Us.. not to for sure, we are still settling in to Hubby being around the house all day since he sold the business. He has long list of things to do and we are working towards starting one of the big projects on the list. But for the past couple of days we have been catching up on just normal chores. He has mowed and mowed to get things looking nice again, but more importantly so we can see and keep a guarded watch on all the furry children and ourselves. He killed that Rattle Snake late last week and we don't want to accidentally run up on top of another. But with all the rain a while back I watch him mowing and I swear you can see it growing behind him! He mowed the goat pen yesterday. Now how crazy is that? Yes we have to from time to time mow the goat pen, they just don't eat the grass like you would think they would.  Now I could just say it is a type of grass they don't like much, but I think it is simply that they are well fed and prefer the alfalfa and grain that they get. Should not feed them a day or so then they would love the grass... but hey you know me... my children are all spoiled rotten. So we mow the pens. LOL

Well better run and get the day going!
HUGS and -

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love how this card looks, the cows are great. I happened to use the same paper pack as you!

Alice said...

yes. i appreciate the photos of the copics used :) all your work is lovely!

Jenny said...

Mir gefällt deine Karte richtig gut. Sie ist fröhlich und bunt, passend zum Sommer. :) Liebe Grüße.