Tuesday, July 10, 2012

High Hopes Challenge! - Wonderful sketch

I am so happy to be joining the High Hopes DT and today is my first challenge with the talented ladies!

This week there is a fabulous sketch by one of my crafting heroes.. Anna (Sassy & Sweet Notes). This is a great sketch, don't go by my card ok? My image ended up just a tad larger... oops. But I loved the image and the colors of the card so I just went with it.


First lets talk about the image. I love it! It's name is Wart's that Frog?   Isn't it too funny?
Reminds me of those weird hand painted Plaster of Paris Monkeys my mother had in the kitchen window when I was growing up. Ha!  I Love the sayings under each frog. Wart's That? NO WAY!!! You're How Old?... perfect for a few more humorous friends birthdays don't you think? I colored with my Copics as usual.

For the card, I followed Anna's sketch with some pretty dusty papers in my stash. All the pattern papers are from Basic Grey's Baby Girl collection. Fun girlie papers, but I thought they really went so perfect with the frogs. I cut out lots of layers and sewed each part with straight stitches. Then two green buttons on the sides. Then my sentiment... hmmm Didn't have just a simple Happy Birthday that fit right. So I opened a drawer and saw this again very dusty Making Memories stickers. I really like that the letters are all different fonts.

Then the inside :


Used the same pattern papers, and a scrap of white card stock. Just stamped the tops of the three frogs at the bottom for some added smiles.

Ok now RUN on over to the High Hopes Challenge and see all the Diva's cards with the sketch then please join us! You can win more High Hopes and maybe even a Guest DT spot! :0)

When was the last time you took a few minutes or hours and looked through the High Hopes Store? Man... I got lost for a LONG time there last week, they have so many fabulous images, and I love that you can purchase them as plain rubber, Mounted or Cling Foam! Same image three choices!

Have a wonderful Tuesday! Long list of to-do's today and honestly not really into any of them. hmm should I be good and do them or find something fun to do instead ? :0)

Hugs and

4 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Isn't Anna the greatest. Just love her stamp images and her blog. Plus she is super Sweet. Love the fun color combo and funny frogs. Wonderful Birthday card. Hugs...

Sheri said...

OMG You rocked it! Love that stamp and the sayings too.

Rhonda Miller said...

This is soo cute. I love that image. TFS.

Lynne in NI said...

Gorgeous froggies Michelle, lovin the inside of your card too!