Tuesday, July 17, 2012

High Hopes Challenge - Summer Fun

Hi! Went MIA a couple of days again...oops sorry. Hubby and I have been taking what we are calling "vacation days" - now when you have as many furry children as we do a over night vacation is just not at all possible. At least for both of us at the same time. Before the farm we use to travel and see the sights, now... sigh we have a farm. And we love it, but do miss the camper and seeing new places once in a while. Anyway - he had free this week before he starts up his next project, and it all worked out that we get up in the morning and head off in different directions for the day. Yesterday we took a trip about 2 hours north of here. Where? Ikea :0) and a grand opening of a Archivers :0) and then we "antiqued" and "junked" all the way home. Was so fun - and nice to spend the day together.

But today there is a real post - and I am so excited about it. It is High Hopes Challenge Day! And the challenge this week is summer fun. So many of their images work so perfectly for this challenge. But I decided at the last minute to go back to one of my very first High Hopes stamps. I love this guy, He is called "Froggy Gift". And he has so many great sentiments that can go with him perfectly - Like "Be Mine or I'll Croak" or "You're Un-Frogettable" or "Hoppy Birthday" but my favorite is "Have I Toad you lately that I Love You?" hA! There are more... but I think you get the idea....

Here is my card with "Froggy Gift" -



I had SO much fun coloring him! I had him all finished and colored so nicely when I realized... what little boy would be out catching frogs and be so nice and clean? So I pulled out more Copics and decided he needed to have some mud and dirt to show he was really having fun!  I didn't used any of the sentiments I mentioned above... I thought this would be a great little card to a young man at the end of the school year. So I used my Sizzix Wingo Zingo Alphabet die and cut out the words Enjoy Your Summer. I will be honest... I remember a few fun summer days sort of like this. And I KNOW my sister does... she would always disappear in the morning on a summer day and come home later in the afternoon and look just like this. (Love Ya, Sis, but you know it is true, right?)

My papers are from My Minds Eye Lost and Found Breeze paper pad. Perfect colors for my card! I picked out a few and the layered them on cream colored card stock, and then a kraft card stock base, All the layers are sewed in place. I also added a green Core'd-nations kraft card stock that I punched with a EK Success pinking shear punch - love that it embosses a raised sewing stitch when you punch! Perfect with the Core'd-nations card stock to sand and show off even more. Cut out my image with my Spellbinders Octagon Nesties and Sewed it together. Glued my letters in place, and then added 5 dots of the Kiwi (green) Viva Decor Pearl Pen.

Inside is very simple with scraps of the same papers -



Now I am horrible about writing down the colors of Copics that I use. I tell you guys that I am going to do it so you know what colors I use.. I do it for a few cards and then forget. So I am going to try something else and see if I can make it a habit... As I use colors out of my Copic box, I am going to place them in my Eeyore Mug that sits on my desk... My phone is always sitting right next to me, I will snap a photo after I finish up and then I can put them away. Lets see if this is any easier for me to do ok? And let me know if you like this? I think you can see all the colors and have an idea of what I use... If you don't care let me know too.. LOL

Now PLEASE... run on over to the High Hopes Challenge and see all the DT's Summer Fun. Then pull out your High Hopes stamps and join us!  You could win more :0)

Ok.. off to see what today will bring... this not having too many plans and having fun is pretty cool! Could be just a lazy day at home... or who knows where we could end up! Wish every week could be like this, but then I think things around here would really become a mess.

Have a great day -
HUGS and

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh My Gosh Michelle, you've aced this card big time and I like everything about it. I have this image too but mine is ink-free. Fab job colouring him and I like the papers. What I really like is how you've smudged dirt on him and his clothes... true little boy fashion!

Heidi Brawley said...

awe your card is very Adorable!!! LOve how you made him all muddy!!! LOL Oh I love how you call me an enabler!!!! Coming to your blog makes me want to buy lots of stuff you use!!! lol lol so what Fun stuff did you get at Ikea and Archivers????? lol
have an Awesome day!!!
hugs, HEidi

Anonymous said...

Texas Cropper says....

Adoreable!!!