Monday, March 3, 2008

Creative Overload...

Well last night I pulled out all the wonderful new stamps I had received in the mail and spread them out in front of me. I was on creative overload. After I calmed down I chose a couple of the images to work with. Both are from Rubbernecker Stamps.



The first was just too much fun to work with! It is a set of two stamps, the back ground stamp is a large stamp of what I guess is an alley with a full moon. I stamped it twice, colored in the first one in full, then colored in the trash can and parts of the tree on the second. I cut out the pieces and pop dotted them on too the first image. I then stamped and colored it the "meowing" cats then cut them out and pop dotted them onto the image as well. It looked ok to me but just see to need more... so I color washed the entire image with my yellow Twinkling H2O's to give the card the light of the moon. But I was missing the stars. I live out in the country and I LOVE to see the stars at night. So I found some small bling to add for the stars. Matted everything on to black and washed the edge of it with H2O's, layered onto the Daisy D's pattern paper then the blue cardstock added the stamp "You are the Cat's Meow!" and Ta Da! I think this one turned out pretty cute. It looks better in person you can really see the shine on it.


The second image I worked with was this fun little frog. Who can resist a frog with flowers? I colored in the image with my copic markers added some stickles on the flowers for a little bling. Then I just had to pull out my Cuttlebug and use the new embossing folder Swiss Dots, don't know why but I went with lots of dots on this card, the pattern paper is My Minds Eye confetti love the fun colors of that paper. I then cut out the stamp words "Have a Hoppy Birthday" with my Spellbinders Nestabilities circle and then scalloped circle, added some ribbon to the embossed cardstock and then put it all together. This one turned out BRIGHT! But hey it is fun and very "spring-y".

Well today is a inside day for me, a wet and very windy cold front came in, so I am going to catch up on some laundry, a little house cleaning and lots of reading of my some of my favorite blogs - Have a great Monday!

Card Info:

Cat's Meow:

Stamps: Rubbernecker
Paper: Bazzill; Daisy D's
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Copic Markers; Pop Dots; Twinkling H2O's

Hoppy Birthday:

Stamps: Rubbernecker
Paper: Bazzill; My Minds Eye : Confetti
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Copic Markers; Stickles; Cuttlebug; Spellbinders Nestabilities; Ribbon

3 comments:

Lesly said...

Both of these are TOO cute for words. I need to order some Rubbernecker stamps soon!
Lesly

Maureen said...

ok - my computer gulped - so if this is posted twice, I apologize!

I love the two cards - and I believe I may even have those two cats... somewhere in my stash...although if they are in the safe place I'll never find 'em! LOL

Sandi Berg said...

Wow! I love the 3D look of this card! Absolutely gorgeous!