Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Inky Impressions Challenge - A wonderful Sketch

Hello - The normal scheduled Me and My Space will be on Thursday this week. Today is the Inky Impressions Challenge. And this week we have a sketch to work with.

I will say it was a long weekend, and I was running just a bit late for this challenge. But whew got it done in time. The wedding on Saturday was absolutely GORGEOUS! and the Rain held off. Well actually it rained a bit in the morning, then cooled off and was wonderful for the wedding. Then on Saturday night and Sunday Morning it rained.. and rained... and rained!!!! We got right at 2 inches on our property!!! We spent Monday working on the pens and mixing up some of the donkeys a bit and seriously you could already see little tiny green sprouts coming up! Hubby is going to work on seeding the pens as well this week, but oh my those little green sprouts of grass seriously made me want to cry! Our animals have been so craving fresh grass to eat. And here it comes! We opened up a space between two pens and let all the Mom's and babies mix up and have some area that had more green in it.. and man have they been going to town eating up the green that is growing. I'll show photos this weekend ;0)

Ok but now lets get to the challenge! It is a sketch this week, and was perfect for using Angelica's Sled, Angelica's Pretty Gifts and Did Someone Say Presents sentiment. 
 So I followed the sketch with papers from Bo Bunny's Blitzen Collection - I inked the edges of everything with Rangers Dauber Snow White paint. The papers are gorgeous, but a bit bold, so I softened them with the white paint a bit. For the corner embellishment I found chip board piece, I painted it with the same white paint, then added three snowflake buttons.

I colored my image with my Copics. Not so happy with my sunset or sunrise... did not turn out at all like I was hoping... blech... Need to work on that for my next one. I again did the snow with my Marvy Snow Marker. Totally love that :0) I stamped the presents separate, the cut them out and popped them onto the sled. 
Isn't Angelica pretty? She is on sale right now at Inky Impressions... so hurry on over if you like her. They really have some adorable images.

And make sure to visit the challenge HERE  You don't have to use an Inky Image to join us, but we love it when you do :0)  But until you have your own Inky images do play along for a chance for the prizes OK?

Well that is it for today - I'll be back tomorrow with Me and My Space post - see you then!
HUGS and


7 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Beautiful image & a gorgeous card. I am SO glad you have finally had some rain & how great that it held off for the duration of the wedding.

Helen said...

Glad to hear the wedding went well and dry. Good that you also had some rain. Your card is lovely. Hugs.

Carol Dee said...

SO glad to hear there has been some much needed rain in your part of TX> Today's card is delightful and bright. Have a wondeful Wednesday. Hugs...

America said...

FUN AND LOVELY design.

♥...Mo...♥ said...

Hola Micheelle, hace mucho que no venia a ver tus creaciones, tu tarjeta es hermosa, yo amo esa imagen.
Hugs From Venezuela

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so cute, glad your little critters are going to have some fresh grass to eat soon

Joey said...

Michelle this is beautiful, gorgeous card. Joey x