Tuesday, October 1, 2013

High Hopes Challenge - A Sketch!

Howdy -

I will have two post today - one of those rare times when two companies both have stuff that needs showed off on a certain day ;0)

First is the High Hopes Challenge - And this week the challenge is a sketch. GREAT ! My brain just followed the dotted lines and with fellow DT member Anna making up the sketch for us it was a fun one to work with too!

To find the sketch pop on over to the High Hopes Challenge -

Here is my card


Well it ended up a bright one didn't it? LOL I used the Snow Couple Block. Sweet pair aren't they? I colored with my Copics ( colors below) then found a piece of Heidi Grace shimmer paper from YEARS ago - went with it and a red card stock and light blue card stock. Followed the sketch... I then guess I was just having so much fun I found myself added rows of pearls to it.. why no clue! LOL saw them on the desk and they seemed fun...

Then I used the new sentiment "Work of Art" , except I cut it apart and ran it along the horizontal band. Different...

After I put it all together, my snow couple needed some "ice" look. So I filled them in with Viva Decor Sparkle paper pen.

The inside ended up plain... but matches -


Here are the Copic colors used.


Again it is a bright card - but I love the color combo of red and bright blue.

Make sure to visit the High Hopes Challenge and see the other DT cards versions of the Sketch. Then join us for the challenge.

Now please come back later today for my second post! There is a new release at Whimsy!!

HUGS and  -

2 comments:

Helen said...

What a fabulous card - love these bright colours. Regards, Helen

Carol Dee said...

WOW, look at all those pearls and sparkle. YEP, I love a good sketch to follow. hugs...