Wednesday, June 24, 2015

High Hopes Stamps - Bob Loves His Tractor

Howdy -

Today I had so much fun working with one of the new High Hopes Stamps images. "Bob Loves His Tractor" is one of those have to have images that works well with the cards I make for friends and family. And with Bob riding on his tractor I just had to pair it up with the "Barn" image.


Other DT have done this too... maybe it is because they just scream out to work together! I stamped Bob, then stamped a mask and cut it out and covered over him. Then stamped the Barn. So much fun now I had an entire scene to color! I started to pull out animals and fences and such, but realized my card was already full. But ideas are a working....

I colored my copics (colors below) and then found a pattern paper from Farmhouse that looked great with the kraft card stock and dark red Bazzill card stock. I sewed down the layers with a zig zag stitch, and created the bottom to my card matching the top. I used a sentiment from the the "Sentiment #4 Set". Ready for any guy card don't you think. Oh I added three small buttons on the bottom corner, too hard to not add some sort of embellishment. Then while getting ready to photo my card I realized that the puffs of smoke out of the tractor needed "more" as well. So I found some white puff paint in my stash. I have no idea how long I have had it..

Close up of the "scene".


And Copic Colors used -


I think my favorite part of High Hopes images is that they work so well together. New and Older images. I can dig back to some of my oldest favorites and pull them out and they have so much fun with the brand new!

Hope you have a wonderful day planned. I think Hubby will be looking a lot like "Bob" today.. lots of mowing to do on his tractor today! LOL

HUGS and

1 comment:

Peggy S from OH said...

love this card! it's hard to find good farm stamps and this is really nice, and your coloring is fantastic! love your blog!