Saturday, October 7, 2023

Animal Crackers - Random Shots

Howdy - 

 This week I thought I would share some random shots from my phone from the last few weeks. Hubby and I will snap things and send to each other that we find funny or just to capture things around the farm. 

First up was a photo I took of Bubba trying to figure out who was banging on the window screen on the back porch. He kept looking at us like "Is that cat suppose to be outside?" And the young kitty outside was like "Hey dude come out and play" 

Sorry Tangerine... Mom says no, inside kitties stay inside. They are not use to the dangers of the outside and well... Mom is really attached to Bubba her snuggle kitty. They played well in the window for a long while though. 

Our chickens are not free range. They stay in their large chicken coop safe and sound. But our neighbors have gotten chickens and well... lets say they spend more time here than their property. And that is a good morning travel for them to get over to us. 


And I'm not talking one or two chickens.... like all of their chickens. One morning last week I counted over a dozen... along with their rooster! Our chickens just ignore them for the most part. Well other than their rooster and ours "Little Dude" they get into a calling contest and it goes on for what seems like forever.. sigh. 

This is a photo I took a couple of weeks ago and didn't share. But when looking back I thought what a great angle to show off just how long Gracie's horns are! Man I had an itch on my shoulder blade last week... this would have been so nice to reach it myself! 

 

Felt like I needed to share a donkey this week too.... and this one of Irene didn't get shared I don't think.  She is such a sweet girl. A little chunky, but who am I to talk?

More cats.. sorry its what I snapped lately to share with Hubby. This one was just amazing. Not a great face shot of Grey Beard, one of the outside kittens. But it was a shot to show Hubby where he was. 



We have a scraggly Texas Sage bush in the back yard. Long branches that really don't look like they would hold a butterfly's weight. But nope Grey Beard had climbed into the tree, pretty high up and was balancing and really doing a pretty good imitation of a High Wire Act! Was pretty awesome to watch just how good he was at it! 

Then one more snap shot for "Dad" Momma Cat chilling on one of my inventory boxes. 


She is such a wonderful success story for us. So skittish and well.. crazy! We couldn't get within 10 feet of her for months. And trapping her and getting her fixed was like trying to capture a wild lion. And it took us three attempts to finally trap her and keep her in a cage and get her to the vet. Within time after she was fixed she would come sit in the backyard and meow at us... closer and closer. Then one day Hubby sat on the back steps and she came up to him and let him touch her for half of a second. Then it was just slow movements for a few months and then she adored being petted and loved on. A few months later and when Hubby was freaked out over the coyotes screaming... she came inside. Reunited with her now adult kittens and we are all one big family. A little nuts yes, but happy. She now sleeps in our bed and loves living inside. Never even attempts to go out the back door. 

Hope you enjoyed my snapshots this week... sometimes it is fun to see the not so pretty portraits and just see life - 

Hugs and have a blessed weekend -
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You certainly have lots of excitement to keep you busy. I do enjoy your photos and your stories.

Anonymous said...

Those are some long horns! Wow. Thats really interesting about Momma Cat, I thought feral cats would never do that! Very Lori K

Carol Dee said...

A busy day yesterday, so, I did not get to visit until today. I love seeing your random pics. All the critters look so happy. Have a great week.