Friday, March 6, 2009

A Cute Whiff of two challenges!

Whooo Hoooo! I just love it when a card "FITS" two challenges. Especially when it just happens to work that way - stress filled perfect! I sat down to work on this weeks Whiff of Joy challenge - had to the theme was Lavender and Lace... I love both. I have a huge stack of new paper stacks... again - I really need some therapy - went into Micheal's just to look for a punch and came out with FIVE new stacks!!! AAAGGHHHH! They really have some yummy papers that just came in and they were on sale... I do have problems - no will power - none at all. Anyway I have rambled. Anyway I sat down with all of my new papers and one of them is DCWV Nana's Kitchen - well we all know how much I love the Nursery line... all that glitter on pretty papers - well now there is a kitchen collection, and they are just as yummy... maybe even more yummy as they have food and kitchen themes. Well that happens to fit in with Cute Card Thursday's Theme!!! Wine and Dine - well I don't like Wine... actually don't drink at all.. so I went with the Dine... I do lots of that! And the perfect meal? A whole plate of warm cookies.... that is a great meal!This is Willow with Cookies one of the older Whiff of Joy's but one of my favorites! She is colored with Copics, back ground sprayed with my compressor. Then high lighted with white gel pen.

For the card I used the yummy DCWV papers - and the base is a lavender Bazzil card stock - it really looks a bit darker here in the photos than it is in person... hmmmm.... I used the Martha Stewart Double Dot Scallop punch for the edge of the image. Then found a piece of white lace to run as a band across the bottom. The sentiment is from Whiff of Joy as well - and I think taking time to enjoy things.. like those warm cookies! I gel pen stitched the edges as well as did some inking on the edges. Now how I need to figure out how to get some warm cookies .. LOL!
Now off to get some breakfast.. cold corn flakes just don't sound good after seeing the cookies - then to visit a few blogs while I eat... Hope you all have a great Friday!
HUGS and-

20 comments:

Nancy said...

Super cute, Michelle! Great combo of two challenges. Love your coloring.
Sounds like we have the same addiction, uh, I mean no will power. I got into Michael's or Hobby Lobby to look at "just one thing", and come out with a bunch of stuff...either including or instead of that one thing. :)

Donalda said...

Oh this is just gorgeous dear love the papers too

Annie said...

oo lucky you getting more paper stacks! I never was a paper-holic until I started blogging and seeing what gorgeousness is out there - now I am slipping into addiction! Love Willow with cookies (wonder if there are any in the cupboard) and this card is fab. I've been thinking about this theme but don't have any white lace and it has to be white to go with the papers I want to use, maybe if I take a look in the undies drawer I could snip a bit off something .. ..! enjoy your day! hugs, annie x

Deb said...

Lucky you getting all those paper stacks in the sale! I love these new papers, so pretty and of course love Willow! Fabulous card!
Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge, have a great weekend, Debx

Annita said...

uhh I love your card. and the papers are just perfect for this card !!
hugs Annita

stampinfrog said...

Ohhhh sooooo CUTE! I love the new paper and your coloring is Fantastic!TFS
Hugs, Connie

Lorraine A said...

Beautiful card, your colouring is fabulous !! Love the Willow image and those cookies smell lovely :-) yum !!
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Very, very nice card :)

MJ

Kirsten Alicia said...

This is gorgeous! The image is beautiful & I love the papers.

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card - this is one of my fave WOJ images and I lvoe your gel pen stitching on Willow :-)
pauline x

Naoual said...

Fabulous card Michelle, very pretty!!

xx Naoual

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card, lovely colours Michelle!
Clairex

Heidi said...

LOVE the colors and your coloring. What a beautiful card Michelle.

Hope you are having a great weekend

Hugs and love
Heidi

Bev said...

Oooh fabulous card honey, love the depth of colour and fabulous design. Have a fabby weekend xx

ribenaruby said...

These papers are too pretty and of course your great colouring with this gorgeous image! Those cookies look delicously yummy Michelle.

Ali Watson said...

Oh this is fab, gorgeous colouring and scrummy papers. I think I need that stamp now too. Have a super weekend.

Frances said...

LOL, Michelle, I sooooo need to join you in therapy and am soo jealous you have all those yummy new papers (but then it's probably a good job we don't have Michaels over here as I don't think my bank account could take it!) Love this Willow too and you have made a fab card with her (give me cookies over wine any day too!) x

kay said...

beautiful card.
kayx

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous colors and papers and that image is so great! Love the gorgeous lacey border too!!

Janna said...

I can definitely see how you would fall in love with these papers! They are so cute!! And I love how you used them for this card. Your coloring is beautiful and you really have created a warm feeling card! Fantastic!

Smiles,
janna