Sunday, September 4, 2011

Dust It Off Sunday - Alota Rubber Stamps - Donkey

Happy Sunday - Today I have a stamp out of one of my all time favorite sets. From Alota Rubberstamps - this is from "Michelle's Sweet Little Donkeys" - yep... the wonderfully sweet Helene named them for my donkeys! There are actually two sets available... they are just too cute for words so pop over and see them for yourself. Everyone needs cute donkey stamps!

 Now I have to fess up on the image. I was looking through some stuff I had "stashed" into a drawer a long time ago and found this image already colored. I then remembered this was one of my first images I colored after my accident. One of the first I was happy with for sure. There were lots that went into the trash that first few weeks I was coloring last summer. At that time even coloring wore me out, so I must have put it aside and that was it... MIA for the last year.

So when I found it this week I decided that I needed to make a special card with it. I pulled out the My Minds Eye Lost & Found Portobello Road paper stack. I think I used 6 or 7 sheets for this one, but it all just was going together so perfectly! I just kept stacking up and sewing layers together. Then I remembered some vintage gray satin ribbon in my stash - then added some mulberry roses, Martha Stewart Branch and Frond leaves - and a Oh My Word sentiment. 
This card makes me happy. Is it that is was pretty easy to put together, or that adorable donkey stamp? Both probably :0)

 I even did a simple inside on this one. I wanted lots of writing space... This card was going out to someone special and I needed some room to write. :0)
So it is already on its way to that special friend. I won't say who... we will just surprise her with it ok?

Take some time and make sure to pop over to Alota Rubber Stamps ok? Helene has some fabulous images -

Well off to breakfast with the locals... have a wonderful Sunday. I think Hubby and I are going to just do some chores around here, and watch the Yankee game. Other than that no big plans. Again - Have a great day :0)

HUGS and

10 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Gorgeous card Michelle. The soft colours of the papers make the imge pop even more - and it's a very cute image. I have no doubt the recipient of this card will treasure it.

Helen said...

What a sweet and lovely card. I am sure the special friend will love it. Have a nice day. Hugs from Holland.

Carol Dee said...

Sweet image, how fun to have a stamps set created in your honor! Some one is going to be delighted to find this in her mailbox. Hugs...

Heidi Brawley said...

awe this is totally cuteness. I did one of these stamps set thanks to you a couple yrs ago. I haven't played with it for a couple yrs now come to think of it. lol lol Your friend is going to Love it.
Hugs, Heidi Brawley

Tracy said...

This is a real delight, what a wonderful stamp and how special to have stamps named for you.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Alice said...

Adorable card, I love it!!
Alice

BA said...

this is just adorable michelle
send you xoxo BA

Ria said...

It is gorgeouss Michelle ;) and one of my favourite sets of Alota!!

hugs Ria

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Michelle,
I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

Helene said...

Oh my gosh that special someone is me!
Thank you so much Michelle! I will keep this card in my extra special department. Joe and I were just talking about you the day before I received your card. You are such a dear! It's always so much fun visiting your blog!

Much love and hugs!