Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy Friday - Today for the Just Magnolia and Hanglar challenge it is our Monthly Special Challenge anything Goes with an option. This weeks option is Circles. I hope polka dots count as circles ;0)


This weeks card was fun for me. I didn't really think at all. I had a new paper stack I got on sale this week at Micheals. Hubby took me in really.... he needed a frame, so I had to go and see what was new right? LOL

The stack is called French Country Collection, by DCWV. LOVE LOVE LOVE this stack!!! They only had it as 12x12... I think I need it as a 6x6 too :0) I colored up on of my shared Hanglars that had "circles" on it. Then picked a couple of card stock colors, white and light green to match the two pieces of printed paper I had picked. Layered everything up and attached it all together after rounding all the corners and inking all the edges with Old Paper Distress Ink. I then found a piece of wide ribbon that went pretty well, and it had dots too!

I then found some matching roses, punched out some MS branch and leaves... and all done in about 30 minutes. Well not counting coloring time, that took me a bit more time. Then I figured that it needed some sparkle - so I sprayed the card with shimmerz Sparkle... Really just the perfect sparkle to this card.

Hope you enjoyed it. Now make sure to go and visit the Just Magnolia and Hanglar Challenge... seriously trust me you are gonna want to see this weeks projects!!

Me... gotta run long list of things to get done today for work. Have a great Friday, see you tomorrow for Animal Crackers :0)

HUGS and -

5 comments:

Heidi said...

What a sweet card ♥ and I really love the ribbon. Have a great day my friend

Hugs and love
Heidi

Helen said...

What a gorgeous card! Hugs from Holland and see you tomorrow!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Beautiful card, the ribbon is lovely. I love this new collection from DCWV.

Carol Dee said...

I say dots are circles! LOVE this sweet pink and green card. DCWV have some really fabulous papers. these are dreamy. I always like the smaller paper pads so the prints are scaled better for use on cards. See you and the critters tomorrow, hugs...

Anonymous said...

Delightful card ,Gorgeous colours
Hugs Julie P