Friday, September 16, 2011

Just Magnolias and Hanglars - A wonderful Sketch

Happy Friday!!Today is a fun day for me :0) There is a Scrapbooking Convention in a near by town. I really truely don't need a thing... but Hubby and I are taking it as a date day ;0) He volunteered to take me to the show, then out to lunch. I am so excited... Craft Goodies - and a day with Hubby! But to business first - Today is the Just Magnolia's and Hanglar's challenge!

Today's Challenge is a simple sketch from DT member Jacque  - with the added suggestion of embellishing with Fall in mind. In my Mind... Tilda went for a horseback ride on a cool crip Fall morning.... how is that for imagination -

 I hope my card has that Fall feeling. I loved the Prima Reflections papers when I ran across them looking for "Fall" - I think they have that look, and they are just so yummy! I went with the sketch while trying really hard to not hide all the pretty birds and flowers around the edge of the main paper. I inked the edge lightly with Ranger Distress ink Tea Dye I think is the name... something like that. I colored Tilda with my Copics, cut her out with a Nestie Oval... and inked the edge. I added a ribbon around the middle.. just needed too. And then lots of Mulberry Roses, MS Branch punches and Pearl hat pins. The words are Tim Holtz Tickets. Love them.. I think they are fun.

Here is a close up of the roses... I added Diamond Stickles to them....
 Love my Diamond Stickles... but it was oh so sad as I was finishing up the is card......... I am totally out of my Diamond Stickles!!! Gone all Gone.... it is my favorite. I will be on the look out for that at the show today. I need to replace that for sure. Other than that it will have to be something at a super really good deal or I am just window shopping.... HA!!! I'll let you know how that goes!

Ok... gotta run - See you tomorrow for Animal Crackers Day!
HUGS and -



6 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Beautiful card! I especially love your roses! You have a super great time today and be sure to let us know how it goes! Isn't it great to actually use something up? LOL!

Helen said...

Your card is lovely. Tilda reminds me of my daughter, she has been riding this week also outdoor (and overhere it sometimes looks like Fall already). Hope you have a nice day with Hubby and keep a close look at your wallet; I also try to do window shopping, but with nice crafting stuff this is VERY difficult. Would love to hear how it went. See you tomorrow for our furry friends. Hugs.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colours. Have a lovely day with your hubby.

Carol Dee said...

Ohhh your day sounds like fun! Wish I could tag along. Not that I NNED anything either. LOL. Have a great day. (Can't see what you could not live with out.) Hugs...

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so adorable, the diamond stickles really add a lot to the flowers, I am going to have to remember that.

Joey said...

Hi Michelle, thanks for stopping by :) xxx

this is gorgeous love the rich colours and the glitter added to those roses so pretty. Joey x