Wednesday, January 21, 2015

All Cooped Up - House Mouse

Howdy -

Had some time to surf the Splitcoast challenges this week and find some new inspiration for a card. I ran across their Fan Club Theme Challenge and just fell in love with this months Theme!!!

All Cooped  Up - to make a project with a Chicken, Farm type of theme to it. OH NOW that is a Theme that I can work with!  Talk about inspiration! And I knew just what stamp I wanted to use. I have been just itching to use it lately and this was perfect.

House Mouse - Feather Bed 

Splitcoast Stampers Fan Club Theme - All Cooped Up CT0115

With the added sketch challenge DDSKETCH0115


Totally adore this image! Now I have to admit if I found three little mice in with my chickens in their coop I don't think I would find it adoring... I think I would scream and then yell for Hubby to make the mice go away.  I love the stamp image though - I colored with my Copics (colors below) 

My Pattern papers are all from Graphic 45 - the Cats and Dogs Collection and French Country Collection. I followed the sketch for layout, and sewed down all my papers to black card stock and then a kraft cardstock base. I kept it simple for this one no more embellishments - I just like the papers and the colored image and was happy. And that is not my norm. I love embellishments, but this just felt done and happy to me. Maybe it is just simply that I tried to color the chicken like my girl Elenore :0)


For the inside of the card I used up my scrap papers -


And my Copic colors used -


Was my first time trying one of the Fan Club Monthly Themes... will be looking forward to February's Theme for sure - loved this one!

Off to get some work done now. Getting ready for an Antique Show.... Lots to clean up, price and pack up... so not the fun part of the job, but necessary. 

Have a blessed day -
HUGS

3 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Awww sweet sleepy mice all cozy under Mama hen.

PaperSunshine said...

Beautiful card and how appropriate for you! Cute 😃. Love House mouse. I bought one of the Genome sewing machines so I could sew on my cards and I havent been brave enough to pull it out and try! Your sewing is beautiful on your card and such a nice embellishment! Hugs,

Lori K.

Helen said...

This theme totally fits you and your chicken looks just like Eleanor. Gorgeous card.
Hugs Helen