Friday, July 8, 2011

Just Magnolias and Hanglars - A beautiful Sketch!

Happy Friday! Again the week just flew by... maybe cuz Hubby was home most of the week and if we were not working on chores we were on the go... Always on the go! LOL

The Just Magnolias and Hanglars challenge this week is a great sketch - I went through some of  my older Hanglars. And found this cutie that someone sent to me stamped out. Thinner paper than I am use to but I went for it and for some reason I thought this would be a good image to try out coloring black hair... man that is tough!!! I really struggle with it. After about 400 layers of ink I settled on this. It still isn't looking like I want. But it is a better black hair than I have done before.
Ok now someone tell me what she is sitting in? I get the wooden box, but after staring at it for a while I decided cotton.... but why would she be sitting in raw cotton? LOL Oh well... cotton it is here.  I colored with Copics -
For my images I went through my scraps - and found some Graphic 45 and Webster papers, I just love blue and red. Denim and red really - I followed the sketch, and sewed all my layers down. Then added mulberry roses, and Martha Stewart Frond leaf punches. My sentiment is from OH MY Word. - easy peasy! Card went pretty fast, and I just love the dark rich colors -

Make sure to pop over to Just Magnolias and Hanglars to see all the DT's creations with the same sketch. Love how different they all come out! :0)

Lots on the to-do list today! So up early and off running.... chores chores chores! That way I can play a little on the weekend! LOL What is on your weekend list? Hubby has to work Saturday, so I am thinking maybe some crafting for me. Then Sunday we are painting the spare room and building the Ikea bookshelf we got -

HUGS and-








3 comments:

Helen said...

What a lovely card. On my weekend list are some household duties (yuk), but for the fun times a lot of BBQ-parties at friends (so no cooking for this lady this weekend). I hope to find some spare time to craft as I have a lot of projects going on.... See you tomorrow for some furry friends.

Carol Dee said...

I love her black hair. you are being hard on yourself. It is VERY good.
Why is it when hubbies are home we don't get our stuff done? LOL
I'll be back in the morning to check on the animals :) Hugs....

Kelly Schelske said...

This is fabulous Michelle!