Friday, July 22, 2011

Just Magnolias and Hanglars - Cooking!

Wow what a week... yesterday I was working along thinking wow I still have a couple of days to get things done before the weekend... and then duh... it wasn't Wednesday, it was Thursday! Where the heck did Wednesday go? Man I have been just totally lost this week.

I did manage to get my Just Magnolias and Hanglars project done, again this week not what I saw in my head, but I am happy that I even thought of this for the challenge this week. The challenge? Cooking... anything related to cooking on your projects. I somehow my mushy brain saw a scrapbook page for my 8x8 album. A recipe page! With one of my favorite Family recipes. Grandma Howell's Pralines! MMMM ok, so not on Weight Watchers approved list, but oh these things are soooo good!

Grandma made them when I was little, and now I make them every year at Christmas. My tradition now I guess.

I started off by making copies of Grandma's recipe card. Yes, it is stained, and dirty with years of baking around them. But I totally love this recipe card, in Grandma's handwriting as a gift to me when I married - wow nearly 25 years ago! 
Then I found a couple of October Afternoon pattern papers, with wonderful vintage kitchen items on them. Layered with kraft card stock and pink card stock. All Zig Zag stitched together, then I stamped out Hanglar's kitchen cabinet ready for baking. All colored with Copics. A satin ribbon around the entire thing, for Grandma - she would have loved the added ribbon. Other than that there wasn't a lot of room for anything else, other than the title that I printed out and matted. 

Now I am thinking it would be good to do this with a few more of our family recipes - "save" them in a different format you could say, right? And Food is an important part of our family too! 

Hope you have a wonderful Friday  - see you tomorrow for Animal Crackers!
HUGS and-

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really cute and the recipe sounds yummy.
I just finished doing about 68 recipes for my grandaughter that just left Hawaii to go to Calfornia for college. I did 8x8 pages and had so much fun doing it. Now I still have 3 more grandaughters that want an album also. I used digi stamps, stamps and the cricut to do my embellishments. Have fun doing your family recipes...great idea.
Thanks for sharing,
hugs
bobbi

Helen said...

Hi Michelle, this is really great. A good idea to save the family recipes in this way. Love it. See you tomorrow.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Lovely!!

Dee in N.H. said...

Beautiful Michelle! I have an 8x8 recipe book that I have been working on. Fun stuff!

ednamburgess said...

Cute idea, I love it. We like food in our family also and I have several old recipes. Edna

Carol Dee said...

Recipes from Grandma.. a wonderful gift to last a lifetiem. love the copy fo the origanla, stains and all. PERFECT & SWEET just like the pralines. Hugs...

Anonymous said...

What a great page and an awesome memory. Texas Cropper

Shelly said...

I LOVE this, Michelle! It's beautiful and a fabulous way to preserve the memory of a special recipe from your grandma. I think I'll start doing this with my special recipes. Thanks for a great idea.