Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Spoon Full of Sugar - Tags -

oops... blogger scheduler did it again!! Went live instead of scheduling - enjoy Tuesday's post early :0)  
This week at a Spoon Full of Sugar we have a two week challenge, a little longer than normal for a bit of summer time break. But it is such a great challenge. TAGS - These are so fun to make, and a bit of a change from our normal cards. Me... I decided it was past time for me to get to play with some new Papertrey Ink stamps that I have.

First I should tell you I love - love - vintage metal kitchen things. Including Metal picnic baskets. I have a couple would have a hundred if I had the space. So when I saw the adorable picnic basket stamp set with matching dies... well just had to come to me right?

 There are a few different patterned baskets with this set, but I adore those polka-dots! There are also lots of different "things" that you can fill your basket with. I chose the flowers for my project. - So I colored my basket with Copics, then put them together.  Then I decided that I had some new Maya Road flowers, they come white... I colored them with the same Copics! Now they match! And I added them to the basket for a 3-d look! Love it! Now to work on the tag...

I cut out my tag shape out of kraft card stock. I was trying to decide if I wanted to cover it with pattern paper... when I remembered a background stamp on my wall... the same type of flowers as what was in my basket!! The stamp is a photo stamp of flowers, by Outliners Rubber Stamp Company. Papertrey Ink White Snow ink - really gorgeous on that kraft card stock! And the perfect background for my basket. White gel pen stitching seemed right as well.. Lol
The Sentiment is also from Papertrey ink...   I then added a large button and green polka dot satin ribbon...also from Papertrey ink!

I had some fun with the tag, and I have a green gift sack that I think it will be the perfect tag on :0)

So now you can pop over to A Spoon Full of Sugar and see all the DT's work. And then join us, it is a two week challenge this time so you have time...

Back to my work now... trying to clean up the house and find my craft room... I don't know if I am going to make it for tomorrows Me and My Space, but I am making progress! Lets see how today goes....

HUGS and-

4 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

wow love the basket and the 3d flowers and just a fab tag.

Helen said...

What a gorgeous tag. Love it. Regards.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Beautiful.

Carol Dee said...

Lovely tag, I LOVE the verse. Have a very productive day, inside, out of the heat! Hugs..