Friday, December 9, 2011

Just Magnolias and Hanglars - Dreaming of a White Christmas

Great challenge this week at Just Magnolias and Hanglars challenge... but not real life for me. Dreaming of a White Christmas -I use to personally wish and hope and dream for snow in Texas. Now... having all the animals - NOPE Give me Spring and Fall.... I am happy right there!  But to play with fake snow for a challenge. That is fine :0)

So for today's challenge my card - I went through my winter Tilda's and found this little lady - I love her. I want an out fit like that. Might not look as cute on my as it does her, but I still want it.
I decided to challenge myself to color a white suit for her. I think it came out looking more tan, but I still am happy with how it came out. I have such a hard time doing this. Snowmen totally freak me out! LOL But I really like her suit. I colored with my Letraset Promarkers. I wanted her to be standing in the snow... so I hand drew in some mounds of snow and then shaded them just a little bid.

For my card - the challenge was to have snowflakes - snow that kind of thing. I found this sparkle glittered card stock in my stash. I couldn't find a maker, I think I got it at Michaels.

I used white card stock, then kraft card stock. I white gauze ribbon around the middle, with a few small mulberry roses. I found a pin from Maya Road that just felt right too. Reminded me of that snowman... LOL

For my sentiment -

 Was just PERFECT for the challenge. This is from Inky Impressions. They have some fabulous sentiments you can find them HERE.

Make sure you click on over to Just Magnolias and Hanglars challenge this week - to see all the winter wonderful projects. Then join us to play in the snow!

I'll see you tomorrow for Animal Crackers!
HUGS and -




4 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Beautiful card, she is lovely.

Helen said...

Hi Michelle, what a great card. Have entered mine as well in the challenge. Love the sentiment. Regards.

Carol Dee said...

WOnderful card, Love the sentiment, it is perfect. We just got an inch or two of the white stuff and it is COLD. Warm wishes and hugs...

Anonymous said...

Texas Cropper says...

I love, love, love this card!