Sunday, December 4, 2011

Stampavie Sarah Kay House

 Hello today it is my turn to post over at the Stampavie Design Team Blog :0) And this also fits under my normal Dust it Off Sunday post as you see.. The house has been on my shelf for over two years. I purchased it at a yard sale for 50 cents. The papers are dug from my stash, and I used all older Stampavie Sarah Kay stamps. So I used up lots of different things from my collection of "things" - So now to my post -

Today I want to show you my little house :0) I cannot even tell you how much fun I had making this project! Like a little girl playing paper dolls! Now this started as one of those chipboard houses you can purchase at any craft store.
  The roof comes off. I found papers in my stash that had the vintage country feel I was going for, and then covered the sides of the house, then went on to the the million punched hearts for the roof. Yes, the “tiles” on the roof are punched hearts! I inked the edges of each one, then turned them upside down and glued them on every inch of the roof. Ok.. so it wasn’t a million of them, but it was a lot! I covered the chimney with a piece of coredinations card stock embossed. I used vintage lace on the edges of the roof, and then around the middle of the house. I love how the dangling pearls look sort of like Christmas lights! Then I colored Noel Charity and cut her out for the front door of my house.

Then I went to look for something for the sides.

Sabine watching the snow to fall was perfect… well almost perfect, it was too tall even after I shrunk it with my printer a tad… so I only used 1/2 of the window. PERFECT!

Then for the other side.

Chloé watching the trees in the autumn wind seemed to fit the fall winter feel of my house. But again too big, so I shrunk her as well and then cut her out. Then Hubby had the brilliant idea of shrubs! I was trying to figure out how to make them, and he looked at me and said why don’t you just use model train shrubs. Uh I don’t know… hmmm…. and well I got these shrubs for like $2.00. And I went into a section of the craft store I had never been! LOL

Again I totally had fun with this project! I think this would be great to put a gift into, then they can display the “box”!

Hope you enjoyed my Sarah Kay House -
Hugs and - 

12 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

WOUW Michelle, this is absolutely gorgeous, and I love, what you´ve done to this one. I have actually just found a couple of these houses in my stash here, whileI was moving my craftroom, and now I better have a go on these. Thanks sooo much for a wonderful idea.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Oh my goodness!!!!! That is stunning!!!! You did an amazing job Michelle, I'm not sure I would have had the patience to glue on all the hearts, but they certainly are effective. Congrats to your hubby for his contribution, the shrubs are perfect.

Helen said...

WOW!!! This is a really gorgeous house. What an amazing job you did here. I totally love it. Hugs.

ednamburgess said...

Gorgeous! Can see you've put a lot of work into this one. Great idea.
Edna

Martina said...

Oh my God! Dom I see right? This is absolutly amazing Michelle! A whole Sarah Kay house....I am speechless! Simply fantastic!
Martina

Lavender Rose said...

This is stunning!!! I love all the details, just amazing, you are so talented.

Marilyn said...

Holy smokes Michelle... is is amazing! I've looked through the pics a few times now and each time I see something I hadn't noticed before. It's gorgeous!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Your little house is so adorable. I love all the details and hubby was right, those model train shrubs are perfect!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is so cute.

Rufus said...

Amazing! Your hearts for the roof tiles are just right! Hubby gets a gold star for his brilliant idea, the shrubs finish off the house perfectly.
R/

kendell said...

WOW! This is awesome. Thanks for sharing. Kindest regards

TA Carbone said...

I just love this. Wish there was a store close to me that sells these type of things as I love to alter these.

:)
Enjoy
TA