Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Past Christmas Cards.....

Hello - Is it just me or is Christmas hurling towards us at the speed of light? Seriously, it seems like Halloween was just a week or so ago. And Thanksgiving was really just a blur. And now Christmas is like a week and 1/2 away? I finally got my Christmas Cards done. I do photo cards of my "children"... started that tradition over 10 years ago and now if I didn't do it I think I could get some people upset at me. So each year I try and find a different way to make a fun Christmas scene with all the animals.... then it had to go to just new baby animals. Hey have you ever tried to get photos of over 50 animals in one image? LOL not fun. So Hubby has taken 1/2 out to mail today and the second 1/2 will go out tomorrow. I'll show it here next week... :0) Cuz I really would love to mail one to each of you that visit my blog and make sure I am not talking to myself in cyber space. But since I can't do that I'll show it here closer to Christmas.

But since I haven't done much crafting this week, I have been working on those cards. I thought today I would do a little stroll down memory lane and show off a few of my past cards.

This is a couple of the earlier cards... dorky I know... but I was just learning how to use digital scrapbooking... LOL

 It is a little sad to see animals that are no longer with us. Bonnie especially... man we miss that dog! She was amazing. Smart, never had to train her to do anything - but her time was short, and we were blessed to have her.


This was one of my favorites - was a fun idea but I questioned it 1/2 way through ... LOL Those blocks haunted me for a while. But it was different! And the blocks now are scattered all through my donkey cabinet.


Then I was having to create new ways to add everyone... this was the photo part of the front of one card, I did it here.. but this was the last year I put everyone on the front of the card. It was set on a lace piece on a red card.... sorry no finished photo...

This was a more recent one... went to just new additions to our animal crackers family. For sure makes it easier to be a little more creative.

 I did one I really loved in turquoise and brown.. can you believe I can't find a photo of it at all? Sigh.. I am so disorganized. But please don't tell anyone, cuz I hate to admit that.

So you all ready for Christmas? I would like know that somewhere in the universe things are going smoothly... AAAHHHH ok off to get things done ;0)
 

7 comments:

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

I love your cards Michelle! Esp. the last one =)

Oh and I tell you that I just looked through my list and saw that I still need to make about 13 Christmas cards if I really send out one to all on my list. Time is flying!

Hugs
Jay Jay

Carol Dee said...

Wonderful cards. A fun trip down mamrory lane. :)Hugs...

NinaN said...

I loved seeing your old cards! I do have my cards sent, house decorated and the children on my list are done. But I still have to do all the adults including hubby. Kids are so much easier! And funner!

Martina said...

Oh, so special cards Michelle! Love all of them, but especially the red one!
Hm...I am still not done with all my Christmas stuff, but most of it is ready to be sent out or to be wrapped up...time is flying!!
Hugs,
Martina

kendell said...

Thanks for sharing your cards, it is great to see all your projects etc as well as how the donkeys and dogs are going. I take this time to wish you and your family a Happy Christmas. I am going to Darwin Northern Territory Australia to-morrow to have Christmas with my brother and his family, so I am not sure if I will have access to the computer for a few weeks. Regards

Helen said...

Thanks for sharing; I so love these cards with the furry friends; they are so special and homemade. But I know how much time it costs to even get a decent picture of them. Don't count me in, still need to buy presents, send out x-mas cards, but at least the tree stands and the house is decorated (which took me the last few days), still food shopping to do (ugh, me no likey crowded shops). Will see you around, but already like to wish you lovely holidays. Hugs

Birthday Flowers Delivered said...

you rcards are lovely...The most recent one is very festive, I would be very happy to receive one of them.