Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Me and My Space - My present from Hubby

I am soooo lucky! I have the bestest Hubby in the world. Look at what he refinished and gave me as a present!!!!
 I am so in love! With this Library Card Catalog and Hubby :0)  This is a special cabinet, it was his Dad's. It sat on the shelf in his work area filled with nuts, bolts, screws.. and lots of other little things. When we cleaned out this area a few years ago, I found it.. wish I had taken a photo of it then. Totally falling apart and almost in pieces. I begged him to save it for me. Well he put it out in the barn and it has been there for a while. Well a few months ago he pulled it out and worked on it, until it was returned to all its gorgeous glory. He had to even make a few of the drawers and I think he had to put a new top on it, as the old pieces were past rescuing. All the pulls were broke, or missing. So new ones were found. For now, I have decided to just put in temporary hand written labels. Just until I live with it for a bit. But later I will make some pretty labels.

It holds a TON of things. I was thrilled that my Stampavie stamps on the acrylic folders fit PERFECT in the drawers. But that is just the tip of all the junk... tools and craft goodies that is stored in all 15 drawers.

Here is a photo from the front, as it sits on the back of my desk.
Just makes me smile... I love it! OH.. and in a later post I'll show you the sewing machine drawers that are sitting on top. Those were a antique store find that we both saw and loved.

One day I will have lots of this "vintage" storage in my room. I do like my cube storage boxes from Michaels. But honestly... this is much more my feel. Just takes time to find it all and afford it all! LOL So a little at a time.

See I have the bestest Hubby in the world huh?
Ok.. now back to working on my computer, man transferring all this stuff over is taking forever! But I have gotten a lot done. And so far everything is coming out of the old one and into the new one. Whew...

Have a great day -
HUGS and

14 comments:

Unknown said...

cor there super..and love older stuff too..what a lovely addition to your room id love it too..hugs sassyx

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow, that's gorgeous!!!!!!!

Dee in N.H. said...

OMG Michelle!! That is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Anonymous said...

YOU LUCKY PERSON, BUT YOU REALLY DESERVE IT LOOKING AFTER ALL THOSE WONDERFUL ANIMALS, THEN MAKING AMAZING CARDS
KIND REGARDS FROM SAM x

Jennifer said...

Totally Gorgeous, Michelle! I love antiques, and the provenance of this piece makes it very special.

Jennifer. x

Carol Dee said...

FABULOUS! I think your DH could give lessons to other hubbies out there, you are one lucky gal. :) Those drawers are perfect. He did a great job fixing it up.

Karen McAlpine said...

You do have the best hubby!! Gorgeous storage piece!!

Janette said...

Oh I love this so much, what a fabulous storage and keepsake to...I did spot the drawers on top, how could I not, wow...xx

Niki said...

Wonderful piece, and great story to go with it. Ya gotta love a guy who listens enough to give you presents you really want! Enjoy.

Heidi Brawley said...

WOW What an Amazing job your hubby did! He is Amazing and a total keeper!!! lol
have an Awesome day!!!
hugs, Heidi

ednamburgess said...

Great gift and wonderful storage. Lucky you. Edna

okienurse said...

Awesome gift! He is a keeper for sure! Congrats! Vickie

Rufus said...

Love it! You do have one awesome hubby, guess you'll have to keep him! Enjoy,
R/

TA Carbone said...

Oh WOW Michelle I love it and also those sewing drawers. Wish we had places here to find things like this but over here people think they have gold, if they even have something and want thousands. This is why NJ is almost in bankrupcy because of greed. Wish everyone would share like I do

:)
Your friend
TA