Sunday, April 29, 2012

Whimsy - Gift Horse

Hi - Man I have just been a busy little crafter the past couple of days! Lots on my to do list still... the house work is just going to have to wait until I am all caught up. A neighbor friends birthday was yesterday, I wanted to make up a card and a small gift for her. I thought I would show the card today and tomorrow I'll show her gift.

When I got to thinking about what image to use on her card, I remembered Whimsy stamps Gift Horse. She has horses, in fact just the cutest foal born a couple of weeks ago. So after I figured out how to get it onto my new Mac, then opened in my new Mac, then printed at the right size on my new Mac..... (can you tell I am getting a bit frustrated with the learning curve?) Really if I get how it all works it will be good, but man it is so different! Once I got all that done I had fun making her card -
 I really enjoyed this one, First I colored Gift Horse with my Copics. Now just in case you are wondering....... I did those spots on the hind quarters on purpose. Her horses are Appaloosas and her new baby looks sort of like this. LOL After coloring I pulled out My Minds Eye - Miss Caroline paper pad, love the soft colors. I chose two patterns and sewed them down. To save paper I cut the center out of the yellow paper, and used that for the matting of the image. I found a ribbon in my stash that had the exact same coloring, and ran it as a band across the middle. Then I got to use my new die :0) LOVE this corner die. It is from Memory Box and is called the Macarena Corner. I cut 4 of them, and attached them to each corner.

My sentiment is also a Whimsy stamp - Treasured Moments Tickets - that is die cut with the matching ticket die found HERE. I love these ticket sentiments, and Whimsy has a bunch of sets of stamps with great sentiments on them. I have been starting to "collect" them, Ha!  I added a folded piece of ribbon to the ticket, and then three mulberry roses.

For the inside I basically copied the paper combo from the front, then stamped a Papertrey Ink Birthday Inside and Out sentiment.


I hope it makes her smile. And I hope she sees a least a little resemblance to her new foal. Make sure to pop back tomorrow, as the gift... it will give you a look at the new baby too... wink wink....

Hope you have a great Sunday - me, breakfast with the locals at the cafe. Then I am going to visit my BFF Tracey for a bit in the morning, she just moved into her new house and has her craft room ready to start showing off. And I have been dying to see it in person, those photos she sends me on my phone are just not enough. Then home in the afternoon, should do some cleaning, but I think I need to get more crafting caught up for DT work. The house cleaning will still be here on Monday right? Right.

See you tomorrow
Hugs and

5 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

fabulous card love that horse..papers are a great choice really lovely she will adore it hugs sassyx

Sheri said...

OMGoodness, this one is too cute! Love the spots! She will LOVE it!

Carol Dee said...

Fabulous Birthday card. I always like to make cards for each recipient taylor to their personality or hobby. Fun, hugs...

Unknown said...

How beautiful inside and out and What a fantastic card , gorgeous colours Great work .
Well done
Hugs Elaine