Monday, April 23, 2012

wrestling with my computer

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi - I feel so bad that I haven't gotten a post the last couple of days. I have been right here in front on the computer for days! We have been having issues with our desktop computer for months. And this week, in the middle of a major project online, it crashed...over and over and over. I worked on it until I was totally fried myself. Sunday afternoon I gave up the ghost and gave in. Went into town and purchased a new computer.

Had a budget and I was determined to stick to it! I quickly realized that it wasn't gonna happen. I blew the budget... not cuz I was just getting super fancy or anything... but more that you see these specials on computers and think that is a great price. But I forgot that now they come with NOTHING on them to speak of. So I had to rethink my entire thinking and really look at all the computers and what we "needed"... 4 hours later I came home with a computer that was not at all what I left to get.

We now have a all in one APPLE... Love that there is no tower, and I think I once I have transferred things over and get things to work from the Windows programs in Mac software, I am going to totally love this thing! We are a Mac family now - IPhones, IPads, and now our new Apple. It will take some time to learn some things but so far I am liking it.

So I have a card that is ready to show you... but that photo... well it is in the old computer. I have a plan for getting all my photos out tomorrow. Took me all day just to get the new one up and running and set up talking to everything it needs to. My HP printer is getting along with my Mac, wireless network is humming along, Email seems to be working. Oh and I also got this new Apple thing called Time Capsle - it is my network.. but it also does automatic backups. Every day... when ever anything is added to the computer. This will be fabulous... since it looked like I was backing up on my old one, and in reality it was only backing up one small file for the last 8 months... somehow I did something wrong in setting that one up, this one - just does it. And yes, I checked - it is actually doing it. :0) Tomorrow will be one last day screaming at the old computer and I pray getting everything off of it.

So up early, first vet appointment for Tuco's last puppy shots. Then home to save as much as I can. Wish me luck... I hope I can rescue it all.

HUGS and

6 comments:

BethW said...

Been there-done that-so bless your heart and fingers crossed you can retrieve everything off the old computer!

Rufus said...

Gotta love computers, till you HATE them. Will keep some fingers crossed for you, hope you get everything out of the old beast!
R/

JoanieMc said...

Gosh, soooo glad you're up and going, I look forward to not only your creations, but love the donkeys and goats, especially all the tales of the little ones. They are precious. Thanks for sharing your family.

Hugs Joanie

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh! What a hassle. but you are right, once you learn all about it, you will love it. Looking forward to seeing your new posts.

Sheri said...

You're going to love your Apple. I have had one forever and would never have anything else. Besides, no virus comes to MAC's (yet).

Carol Dee said...

Awk,I hate computers when they act up. Love them when they work. LOL. Hope you are able to get things sorted quickly and are back to normal soon. Hugs...