Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Whimsy Stamps Challenge - A Shaped Card

Howdy -

Today I did something a little different. That is the great thing about challenges - sometimes they make you work outside your normal. This week the Whimsy Challenge is to make a shaped card.

This was a great opportunity to go through the Whimsy Shape EZ templates - Have you had a chance to Play with them? They are great! Whether you have a electronic cutter or cut by hand these templates are easy and a great starting point to your project. And there are a bunch of them!

Me - I felt like a cup of tea -

Shape EZ Tea Cup Flip Card

Cream colored card stock for the base. Then from a piece of Whimsy's Cottage Charms paper.  For the insert and the cut of roses. Love those roses! Whimsy papers are so gorgeous - I love the shabby feel of this collection. Inking the edges of everything with Ranger Distressed Ink Tea Dye.

I added some mulberry roses and flower with Martha Stewart leaves Punches. They are sort of hidden... but you can see them from the side view maybe -


The sentiment is also Whimsy - Simple Everyday Greetings A great go to set for your cards!!

Inside I went simple but added a few more roses.


There was no coloring with this card - but I still had fun with it, and I like how it turned out.

How long has it been since you made a "shaped card". And yes I know rectangle and square are shapes... but outside the box, ok? Have some fun and join us this week at the Whimsy Challenge! You can make any shape card - as long as it isn't a box.

Have a Wonderfully Blessed Day! Maybe enjoy a cup of tea?
HUGS and

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Very creative - I sure do like it!
sandy

Carol Dee said...

Oh My, I love the teacup card!