Monday, January 2, 2012

Tina Wenke's Winter Birdhouse - Cocoa in a Bottle

Hello and Happy New Year! 2012 - wow. The holidays are over and now it is time to focus on the new year, but before I move on I wanted to show you a project I made as a little present this Christmas, using Tina Wenke's Winter Birdhouse image. Totally ADORE this image!
 Now I would like to tell you that I worked over this project for hours, but reality. It took just minutes. The bottle is from Coca-Cola - their vintage 6 pack from last year. I HAD to have them when I saw them, but then never made anything with them. This year I clean and sanitized them, filled them with Hot Cocoa mix. Now you could mix up a homemade batch... but me. Well I just purchased a large box and divided it into the individual bottles. Then I found some cute corks for the tops at the craft store.


To decorate, red swiss dot Bazzil card stock, EK success punched border, Satin dotted red ribbon... done. The image. Now here again, you could color up individual images for each bottle. But time was short for me. So I colored up one - then made color copies on white card stock. Can you tell it is a copy? Cut out and added to the front.

Now you do need to add instructions - so I found tea dyed tags from my stash, added the same border to the bottom and hand wrote the instructions and tied to the top.

Hot Cocoa on a cold January night - yummy!
HUGS and

7 comments:

okienurse said...

Really cute idea for gift giving. I like the idea of coloring one then copying. I hate it when you spend a lot of time coloring and making a gift and it gets tossed. Makes me sad! Thanks for sharing this cool idea!

Carol Dee said...

Fabulous little gift. And no one could tell the image was a copy of the oriinal. Great Idea! Have a wonderful week. Hugs....

Allison Rankin said...

Great mix of elements! I love that stamp too!

Helen said...

what a gorgeous gift! Thanks for sharing.

Jingle said...

This is beautiful!

Tracy said...

Hi Michelle
This is so cute, loving your choice of image. What a wonderful gift idea too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh, Love those little birdies, this is so cute