Saturday, July 23, 2016

Animal Crackers - When Pigs Don't Fly

Howdy -

This week Hubby has started working on putting on our new metal roof. Finally the roofing metal came in as there was a huge shortage in our area of roofing materials after the unbelievable hail storm this last spring. We were hit with baseball size hail, and our roof had to be replaced. So we upgraded to a metal roof that Hubby is putting on. Ok... so he is trying to get it all on,  early in the morning, stopping by 10ish and then working again late evening for an hour or two. The heat is so bad that it literally was cooking the bottoms of his feet if he is up there any longer during the daytime. But while the new roof is going on our weathervane is taking some time off from the roof and is on the ground. This is the first time I have ever got to see our flying pig up close. I am in love with it even more now!


Isn't he just the cutest? When we purchased the house years ago I insisted that the previous owner leave it. They didn't want too but I put it into the offer on the house and they agreed. It is all copper and has that great patina to it. Can you believe Hubby actually said he didn't think he was going to put it back? He didn't want to put any holes in his new metal roof. I just gave him that look... and then he said "Just kidding" I don't think he was really, but he knew IT HAS TO GO BACK! Love it!

Now I waited all day and into the evening to try and get some photographs for this week and it just simply has been too hot. I couldn't find a single donkey to snap a photo of they were all way out in the brush or hiding under trees or huts yesterday. Now Frankie is always ready to pose for a photo for me...


Such a happy boy now. Gave us that scare earlier in the year that his age was getting to him. But once that bent horn came off he seemed to have a new bounce to him and he is back to his full of personality self. Even in the middle of his dinner he took time to come to the fence and smile for me. Love this guy so much I would love to give him a big hug! But seriously... male goats are not one to hug, the smell is just too much. So I scratch the top of his head and nose and tell him how much he means to me.

Spartacus came to see me.


This guy is just so funny. He wears his hay before he eats it. He grunts and talks to you and despite he isn't quite sure at all times if he wants you touch him or not he always will come to visit and grin for me.

Then Miss Belle popped her head out just to make sure there wasn't some sort of treat being handed out...


And yes... she is popping her head out the side of the hut here. The wall was knocked out and put back, and then knocked out again. So I guess the extra air through the side is what they are wanting right now. Goats are so destructive. Bet they will like the side put back when winter hits! This goat is a real...well... lets see...  ok she test your patience at times. She head buts the older goats, pushes the younger ones around and simply is "touched"... but she is family and we love her... most all the time.

Speaking of loving... this girl just melts my heart...


Chica is just so beautiful. Always a little super model for me. A bit nuts at times too, but all this little girl wants is attention and love. So we do all the loving we can do for her. She will always be our baby.

One last photo... I think this chicken is trying to tell me something...


 "Take me inside to the air conditioning... Take me inside to the air conditioning... it is so hot out here" I snapped the photo and moved on, was getting spooky... I really think something was going on in her mind. LOL When I left she finally moved and went to stand in the misters. Whew...

Hope you got a smile again this week. I am so past ready for summer to be over. I hate the 100+ degree heat for me and my "children". It is too hard to get good photos and everyone is just melting. Hubby says I am going to have to get up at daylight with him and go out when they are out moving around them. Just not sure if I want to leave the bed that early.. LOL

Have a blessed weekend -
HUGS


4 comments:

TA Carbone said...

Michelle do you ever plan on getting more of the dogs to breed again?

Carol Dee said...

Everyone looks great. Too hot here also. 110 heat index on Wednesday. Ugh.

Lena said...

Love my weekly dose of animal crackers :-) Thank you so much for sharing. As always your pics look great and your stories are very entertaining. I love the Texas heat, but even I have been spending most of my afternoons inside in the a/c or if outside, then I'm in the pool :-) Have a great week!

okienurse said...

It has been so hot here I haven't even been tempted to go outside to go swimming…just way too hot! Love the pictures of all the goats and Frankie looks absolutely ornery in this picture. I wonder if the twisted horn was so painful he just had to drag around…poor old goat…btw I call my hubby that too! Have a great week! Vickie