Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A little Grey or Silver

Howdy - you may have noticed my blog did a total change again. Sorry.... I had a few saying it was taking forever to load, and I was ready for something calmer and a bit simpler. A snap of my fingers and bam... now in reality it was about an hour, a shareware background and a little photoshop of Raffie smiling - but bam - a new look. Hope you like it.

Now it is Tuesday and today is High Hopes Stamps Challenge. Todays challenge is to add a little grey or gray however you spell it. Or silver to your project.

Me... I had a plan all week for this card. And then when I sat down, I didn't use the stamp I had planned, then the paper just didn't feel right, and then my card stock didn't match. So it is nothing like I started but oh well I think it is still kind of cute and it has lots of grey!


 I had planned to use some of the cute goat stamps, on grey card stock and color them with a white pencil. But my Grey card stock isn't smooth so all I could see was the pattern in the paper, and even when I used the mineral spirits on it.. that pattern was still showing to me! So I got frustrated and just went a new direction. I found this stamp in my High Hopes Collection and realized I had never inked it up - Now was a great time!

This image is called "Popcorn Kitty" -  now I am going to be totally honest with you ok? When I saw the stamp in my box I thought it was a cute cat sitting in a bowl of flowers, with a ring of flowers and hearts around her. I have no clue why I thought that - I am going to blame the cough medicine. Ok I hadn't taken any when I made the card, but I am still going to blame it lingering in my body. Anyway I started coloring and then realized hey... this is is POPCORN.. that is why the cat is Poppin' In... duh.... Good thing I hadn't started coloring the kernels pink yet! I colored with my Copics (colors below) and then decided the best way to make the kernels pop was to color the back ground. Why do I get myself into these things. It still looks blotchy to me. I hate that. But you have to stop coloring at some point. I cut it out with one of my circle nesties that fit wonderfully, then matted with a decorative circle nestie that the name escapes me right now... sorry... cough cough...

My papers I have the grey card stock base, then found some scrap of the red. The patterns are from 7 gypsies and My Minds Eye. I sewed down things, and then added four red buttons. It is a simple card, but the image has so much going on I didn't want to much on the card.

Inside copies the front.

And here are my Copic colors - 

It was nice to just take a little time yesterday morning and color, and craft. Wasn't to mind blowing - and I need to get back to a routine with my crafting. It really does make me a happier person. LOL

So now - you need to POP on over to the High Hopes Challenge Blog and see the other DT's grey/silver projects. Then really I am sure you can come up with a little grey or silver on a High Hopes project and join us - PLEASE... we want you to come and play with us and then WIN more High Hopes! :0)

3 comments:

Carol Dee said...

LOL, yeah gotta blame something (besides, in my case, old age!!) Cough-cough, funny. :) The card turned out great anyway, even if it is not what your mind had started with! Have a terrific Tuesday.

Helen said...

Love it as well as the story behind it. Great new LO, although I liked the old one as well. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Really like the new blog look! Its non fussiness is welcomed. Can't get enough of the critter pics.