Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Whimsy Stamps Challene - Add a little Metal

Howdy -
  Today is the Whimsy Digital Stamps Challenge - and the challenge? To add a little metal to your project. Now I have some wonderful metal trim pieces that I thought about all week for my card. Can I find them now? UH NO! Darn it. Hate that... so I had to find something else. But it all worked out.

Now Thursday (Valentines Day) is a big day around here... Hubby's birthday, and our Anniversary. So I thought I might make him a card. :0)


Not the most manly card... LOL But oh well it is made from the heart. This is Raggedy Boy & Raggedy Girl Adorable Together.  Thought that would be a nice couple for us. I colored with Copics (colors below) and then found a pad of paper that the colors worked perfectly with the image. The pad is from French General and is called Jolee's Boutique. Pretty papers that all work together in Blues Reds and Creams. I used a red and white gingham ribbon that I colored with a copic to give it darker shades I found a metal tag that says "hugs and kisses" that fulfills my metal and is good for Hubby. :0)  Then I found while digging through all my junk these pretty felt flowers. they seemed too pretty to leave in the box and they matched - I added a metal brad heart. An extra little metal piece. My sentiment is also from Whimsy - Ticket Notes. Love these sentiments in this collection.

The inside is scraps from the front.. and what I put on the inside :0) That is just for Hubby :0)


Here is my Copic Colors -


Now jump on over to the Whimsy Challenge and see all the metal inspiration -

Hope you liked my peek at Hubby's card ... don't tell him about it ok?

Have a great day, and have a FABULOUS Valentines day! My favorite day of the entire year!
HUGS and-

2 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Love, love, love the card. Raggedy Ann and Andy are adorable holding hands. ;) Wish your hubby very happy birthday from me.

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Love your card Michelle. The blues, reds and cream work perfectly for the Raggedies! So sweet. Hope hubby loves it. xx Kathy