Tuesday, August 13, 2013

High Hopes Challenge - RED and GREEN

Howdy!

Today is the High Hopes Challenge - and the challenge is right along with the new release. RED and GREEN. Perfect for the the new Christmas images right?

I colored up for my card today the new image "Father Christmas Block" Love the old fashion traditional feel of this image.


Kept it a little more simple on this one. Just couldn't find anything to add to it that felt right, he is just such a handsome image all on his own. I colored with Copics (colors below) I used Dark Red card stock for the base. Bazzil dotted Swiss green and the DCWV Christmas papers as my pattern papers. 
They have a little bling to the pattern papers which is nice. 

A simple satin red ribbon around and tied. The sentiment is a die from Whimsy Stamps. 

Here is a close up of the image so you can see all the stickles that I added - gold to the balls on the tree and the stars. Clear sparkle to his fur on his suit and hat, and then red stickles on the holly berries and the mouses nose. 


The inside is the same papers - with the new sentiment from High Hopes - "Celebrate the Magic of Christmas"   and the "Small Open Holly" in the corner. 


Here are the Copic colors used -



 Click on over to the High Hopes Blog and see all the DT RED and GREEN cards. And then when was the last time you visited the High Hopes web site. Every time I go over I see the most wonderful images that I had never seen before!

Have a wonderful day -
HUGS and

1 comment:

Carol Dee said...

More Christmas! It will be here too soon!!! I do like the old fashioned look here. Have a terrific Tuesday.