Monday, August 12, 2013

Whimsy Stamps Inspirations - Pin the Tail on the Donkey

howdy -

You ever see a stamp and just HAVE to have it and color it right away? Well the new Whimsy Stamps Digital image from Crissy's Digis is one of those for me....


Understand? LOL This is "Pin the Tail on the Donkey"  and the best thing about Whimsy Stamps Digi images... is you can be coloring right away!! No waiting out by the mail box with digital images, they come to your email, print and color! I am so in love with this one!

I colored with my Copics - then found a piece of paper from First Editions Rose Garden collection. Love the roses in hearts. I punched out a border around one layer with Martha Stewart Scalloped dot punches. I have lots of layers on this one as you can see. Pink card stock for the base, green card stock mat - white punched card stock, green again, pink again then pattern paper. Then green mat for the donkey. I sewed down all the main layers. Punched out a Fiskars large heart punch out of the pink card stock and then colored it with one of the same Copic colors I used in the donkeys bow. The sentiment is also Whimsy, Birthday Sentimentables Dies - just got them, and already see I will be using them a lot!

Found some mulberry roses in the drawer that matched the paper roses. Punched some Martha branch punches, then needed a bow. Couldn't find one I liked... so I used white rayon seam binding, and colored it with my Copics. Love that!

And love how this one turned out.

Inside is more of the same papers.


And here are my Copic colors used -


Have you seen all the new images at Whimsy?? This month really is great - Pop over and take a look - I dare you :0)

Hoping for some more rain again today. We got a great shower last night, don't want to be greedy but a little more today would be fabulous! LOL

Have a great day - Hubby and I are going to work around here today - other than a trip to the post office. Life of selling on eBay.. lots of trips to the post office.

HUGS and -

5 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Well of course you HAD to have this sweet image. :) The bow on the tail reminds me of Eore! Have a wonderful week. hugs..

Niki said...

Fabulous stamp. I can see why you had to have this one right away. I love the card, all the layers and coloring. You are so clever to color your ribbon to match.

Tracy said...

Hi Michelle
Lovely creation, lovely colours, the image is great and lovely colouring too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Shelly said...

I can see why you fell in love with this stamp. It's darling! Your card is beautiful.

Unknown said...

adorable card!