Thursday, August 22, 2013

Whimsy Stamps - SUMMER

Howdy -

Ok I know I talk about the heat a lot. Sorry, I hate the heat, it bothers me. Since the accident I really can't handle it at all. I hate that I can't I would like to be out with my kids more and would like to help more, if Hubby would let me. Well Maybe I would "enjoy" the heat better if I could look like this and just go to the beach -



LOL - This is "Summer" from Whimsy Stamps Digital images by artist Marika Collins. Isn't she pretty.. and skinny.. and good looking... and long legs... and pretty hair... and big eyes with long eye lashes... Yea I could handle being at the beach and looking like this. All though.. Me I would probably still be in the one piece with the shirt over me. Maybe.. never have had a chance to see how brave I would be with a skinny hot body! Never Know....

Any way I love this image even if to just dream a little - I colored her with my Copics (colors below) and then edged her with a dark red Copic then sewed her to a kraft card stock. My papers I thought were just perfect for the image. They are from Simple Stories collection, I {heart} Summer. Love the little bingo papers that come in the collection. I cut them up and sewed down all the papers.

I didn't use a sentiment, the bingo cards say it all for her -  OOH and then I added stickles to the sand area...

Here is the inside - same papers inside and another bingo card -


And here are the Copic colors used -



Was a fun card to put together - And as much as I love lots of embellishments, I do enjoy cards that have no issues for mailing them. FLAT cards are nice.

Just came in from getting the chicken eggs for the day. I love going out and seeing how many are out there. We are now up to a regular 5 a day!! Then I have one girl that is having a bit of trouble getting going and she has given me three very mushy eggs... yesterday it looked like she had it all worked out and there were 6 out there.  Got very excited.. went to pick it up and it looked great but was mushy... boo hoo. Put out some oyster shell for them so that should help her too. Anyway went out just now and got 5 beautiful eggs.. and was backing out of the coop and hit my elbow on the frame of the door... yep... I was so sad... I dropped three of them!!! And the chickens were not happy about it either. I felt so bad, not only am I stealing their eggs (two of them would like to sit on them all day despite them not being fertilized) but now I am just dropping them and wasting them!!! So so sad... Sigh.. Oh well I think it is time to start carrying out something to carry them in instead of just holding them.  I don't think either of us, me or the chickens, can handle me dropping any more.

Now I have to get to work... Doll show in two days and I am still washing pressing and folding doll clothes, and pricing dolls. Since this is not an antique show - I can take more of the modern items I have accumulated. I sure hope I sell a bunch of it as it is starting to take over storage of our stock.

If you are in the area Saturday - we will be set up at the at the 5th Annual HILL COUNTRY DOLL SHOW & SALE,  * *New Location**   Schertz Civic Center, 1400 Schertz Parkway, Schertz (San Antonio).  9am - 4pm, Adults $5, Children $2.  Hourly door prizes & free parking.

Have a great day - 
HUGS and


3 comments:

Sheri said...

Super cute!

Carol Dee said...

Once upon a time, long, long ago had a figure somewhat like that but was never brave enough to wear a 2 piece suit! Now even IF I lose the pounds it will not be a good sight! LOL. The card sure is cute and yep we can dream. :)

Niki said...

Cute card! Thank goodness many of us who are not 2 piece bathing suit material recognize that fact and dress accordingly. I can tell you, there are a few more who should join our ranks and forego the barely there styles.

Gathering eggs, always with a galvanized aluminum bucket. I don't know why, just tradition when I was a kid. Maybe they were the cheapest buckets, or plastic wasn't available, I don't know. I just remember those shiny silver buckets, smaller than 5 gallon, just right for kids and eggs.

Thanks for sharing.