Friday, August 20, 2010

Just Magnolias - Getting Sentimental!

Love that Just Magnolias is Sentimental! Ok, so it sounds so sweet and wonderful - what it really means is that you are pretty much wide open for the challenge this week, just have a sentiment of some sort on your card - :0)

I inked up a new Tilda - well new to me, as this is the stamp I got Sunday at the Stamping Store.  I just loved her hat.. LOL  I colored with my Copics, then inked all the edges and the shadow behind her with Distressing ink Antique Linen - Then for her little veil I used Smooch Illuminate - love that stuff!! And I love how it came out as her see through veil.  Very sparkly!
My card went a bit distressed this week, I love that look but have such a hard time pulling it off. My pattern papers is where I started with that thought. Graphic 45 - I KNOW I CUT INTO A PIECE!!! I love this paper so much I have to really know where I am going with it and make SURE I am going to like it before I make any cuts. LOL These two patterns are two sides of one piece, no thinking coordination! I matted each piece with brown card stock, after distressing the edges of each and inking each with the Distressing ink. They were all sewed together as well. My image is cut out with a Nestie and I inked around the edge with a dark brown ink.

When matting the image with the pattern paper, it saddened me that so much of the pretty paper was being covered up, so I cut around the clock art with my craft knife and slipped the image into the pattern paper. A Satin ribbon is wrapped around the paper, and then a bow added.

My sentiment is from Stampin Up - I love it! Found this set at an antique/estate shop a few weeks back, I was so happy!! It was cheap too.. I think it was like $6.00 for the entire set. Score!

NOW... Eye Update:
Doctor appointment was Wednesday afternoon, he was very happy with how I am doing, and said I have healed perfectly. I do like to do things well you know :0)  He said I was able to get back to everything I felt up to doing - that is WONDERFUL!!  I did say I wasn't sure I was up to vacuuming and dusting yet.. he laughed, Hubby didn't.. LOL  I now have an appointment to have my artificial eye made on August 27th. YEA!! So things are moving again - and by the end of the month I should "look" more normal - He said I have to go back every 6 months for a eye exam for my good eye - now that it is the only eye I have  - I need to keep it healthy and make sure I take very good care of it.  I agree.

I again want to thank all of you for the support you have given me. I only wish I could thank each of you personally - seriously, I know this is why I have gotten through this so easily. I had each of you behind me :0)

HUGS - see you Saturday for Animal Crackers!

12 comments:

Kittie said...

I'm so happy you got such great news from your doc on Wednesday. I definitely think you should hold out on the dusting and vacuuming. LOL Your card is darling, Michelle.

Carol Dee said...

Todays card is so sweet. I love her veil - great job. Your seem to be 100% in the card business again.

Whoo-hoo, great eye news. :) Hubbies aren't always very humorous, huh. *wink*

Hugs to all ...

Sharyn Davis said...

My foot started tapping by itself by 4 pm Wed. and I checked my email before bed...nothing from you yet. Thanks for the good news update, it has made my day.
Hugs and more hugs. Happy day!

Kim said...

Absolutely stunning Michelle! I so love your Tilda card and the vintage look is gorgeous! So glad to hear your dr. appt went wonderful! YAY!!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Irena said...

Michelle, your card is adorable.
The image is so beautiful colored.
The ribbon is wonderful.
I hope you are feeling much better.
Hugs, Irena

Brooke said...

Michelle, I am so happy to hear the good news. I'm sure your positive attitude has helped in your healing process.
Tilda as usual is adorable. Love the colors you chose.
hugs,
Brooke G.

Rufus said...

GREAT news! I'm sure it's your positive attitude and cheerful nature that is what's helped you through this. You're def. not up to vacuuming yet, dusting might be negotiable! LOL Oh yes, Tilda is a cutie!
Hugs,
R/

Naomi Johnson said...

oh that card is stunning! love the sentiment you used as well. But better still! what fabulous news! I'm so happy it all went well. Keep taking care xx

DawnMarie said...

You tell hubby that dusting and vacuming will be detrimental to your health lol! Great news Michelle, I am so pleased for you.xx

Carol Dee said...

Hmmmm, looked at this card again and for some reason *I'm going to the chapel and I'm going to get married....* Keeps running through my head. LOL.
Have a wonderful weekend, hugs...

Annie said...

Hi Michelle! what a gorgeous card you made with this darling tilda and I love how you did her veil and how you slid her under the clock! good news from the eye doc - but you need to keep away from any dusty chores!
hugs, annie x

Priscilla said...

So glad to hear that you got good news from the eye doc! I would definitely not take any chances with that dusting stuff!! (LOL) Always in my prayers {{hugs}}