Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Spoon Full of Sugar - Let's Get Sketchy!

Running a bit late today - I worked all day yesterday and didn't get my post written a head of time, thought I would get up early today and get it done, but oops I slept until 7:30! You know "before the farm" that would have been really funny as I have never been a morning person and getting up before 8 am would be a horrible thing to think of. But now - well the animals are hungry, and the dogs need let out - so 6 am is more like a normal start to the day.

Today is Spoon Full of Sugar Day and the challenge this week was picked by our fellow DT Paola and she has created a fab sketch for us all to follow. Our sponsor this week is Bella digi Studio and she was kind enough to share images with the DT - She is a new Digi for me and she has some really cute images!

So here is my card -
For my image I colored with my Copics - and then highlighted the background with chalk. I always do this last.. you do not want to get chalk on the tips of your Copics :0) I then cut out with a circle Nestie... then I took a purple Copic and "colored" a mat around the edge, it was blah... so I stickled the over the purple.. ta da bling!

My pattern papers are scraps so I don't know the maker - sorry - but I was happy to use them, they matched and I just love purple and green together.

I hope you will join the Spoon challenge this week - it is a fun challenge and a fun sketch.

Well gonna get a little breakfast, then get to work. It is nice working from home - something about working the morning in my PJ's makes me happy - LOL  Have a wonderful Tuesday!

HUGS and-

5 comments:

Carol Dee said...

LOVE the sweet card. She is adorable and love those colors. Up at 6:00 a.m.is my normal. Rain, shine, summer, winter.... it just happens. I have tried to sleep in only to be laying in bed awake! LOL. Have a terrific Tuesday

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. Those colors do look good together. TFS.

Kirsten Alicia said...

That is a lovely card & the image is so pretty. Great job.

Ida said...

What a sweet card. The image is precious and I love the colors you chose.

Annie said...

another gorgeous card Michelle and I love the bright colours with this cute image.
hugs, annie x