Friday, August 13, 2010

Just Magnolia's Sketch -- What's Up?

Hi - Today is Friday - and for the second week in a row I have made a card for Just Magnolia!! WHOO HOO! I am really feeling like I am back into the swing of things! Well other than the big white patch on my face covering my eye... I can leave it off for a while at a time at home, but when out in public to not scare little children I wear that gauze patch - not much longer now though. I met a man this week who lost his eye in October - we couldn't even tell which eye standing 6 inches from him. It was amazing how real it looked. So I am really looking forward to the process and getting mine. Ok.. enough eye stuff ;0)

How about my Magnolia Card? Then at the end of my post I have something else I need to show you....


I was so excited to finally ink up one of my Stamp Club images for this weeks Just Magnolia Challenge. They have been sitting here forever! I colored with my Copics, then cut out with Nesties and inked.  My base I went with a red card stock, with a dark blue card stock for the mats. I found two scraps of K&Co. pattern papers that had the feel and color I was wanting, so I sewed them down following the sketch for the challenge this week. For the band vertically I loved the Papertrey ink Satin Dot ribbon, but it wasn't quite large enough - I pouted for a few minutes and was digging through all my millions of ribbons, when I decided to make the dot ribbon wider with two border punches. Love how that came out! Didn't know what to use for the sentiment with this little Sailor Tilda sitting on the anchor... and then "What'z UP?" just jumped out at me...

I hope you will join the challenge this week at Just Magnolias - it is a fabulous sketch and as usual their are FABULOUS prizes again!


Now something a little special! I have a great friend Tracey, who has been amazing in helping keep my spirits up the past couple of month. I have spent countless hours laughing with this lady - we both have that "odd" sense of humor and many time we finish each other sentences. Just one of those great buddies! She emailed me to let me know her Mom is making and selling these quilted purses to raise money to help her pay for a Mission trip to China. A great cause to help support, but let me tell you.. these purses are wonderful!! She is an amazing seamstress - and quilter - so these are really nice. Long quilted handles - this is just a few of the different fabrics. She has many more in the works, each is a Handmade one of a kind with the fabrics that she gathers from all over the world. Only $45.00 each.

So if you like these wonderful quilted purses, and would like to grab one up for yourself, or just ask questions about them. Please email my Buddie Tracey at tfrias@gvec.net
Remember they are for a great cause and just adorable!

Well... gotta go and get my laundry started. Takes me forever lately to get things done, I am so slow! LOL But thrilled to be doing it.. still shocked I am saying that! LOL

HUGS and-

10 comments:

DawnMarie said...

Hi Michelle. Firstly its so wonderful to hear you sound so positive and enthusiastic. You truly are an inspiration. Wonderful card Mrs, love the blues you have used. A big 'wow' on the purses, what a talent! my sewing leaves a lot to be desired so I know good stitching when I see it lol, and a wonderful cause too.xx

Naomi Johnson said...

Stunning card! it's just so perfect and those purses!? fabulous. Take care x

Yvonne said...

Hi Michelle! You made a wonderful card, love the image and the colours you used!! The purses are very pretty. Hugs Yvonne

Linda said...

What a fabulous card! It is so cute, and you did an awesome job making the ribbon "wider"! Very clever. Your friend's purses are really nice. Good cause, too.

Hugs, Linda

Kirsten Alicia said...

Happy Friday to you Michelle. I LOVE this Magnolia card; fab colour combo & a beautiful Tilda. I must also say that you are an inspiration to all of us, not just your creative talent, but your positive attitude is a joy. Have a terrific weekend. Huge cyber hugs to you. PS The purses are so pretty.

Sheri said...

I love your card! And wanted you to know that you are my hero. Golly, you are so upbeat and positive!

AUSTINSGRAMM said...

I'm happy you're feeling better and are able to do beautiful work again. Your card is awesome! Love the coloring and the colors. I love denim with red and white.

Thank you for sharing,
hugs,
bobbi

Carol Dee said...

Sweet card. Good to hear about your amazing progress.
The purses are wonderful. I may need to check that out. TFS. Hugs....

Rufus said...

Yahoo another card! Looking forward to laundry, nope can't quite image that one! But the idea getting back to "normal" that I can understand. So nice to have you back.
R/

Annie said...

Hi Michelle, I love the little red head tilda on your card - great summery bright colours too. Your friends little purses/handbags are gorgeous too.
enjoy the weekend.
hugs, annie x