Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Chilly Donkey Day

Brrrr. it was chilly out there this morning - The temp in our yard read 28 degrees, not cold to some, but to me and my donkeys... that is really chilly! Water was frozen in the bucket..



I took some photos late yesterday -
Gloria and Jazz... they were really trying hard to convince me to bring carrots out to them... they already ate all I had the other day - or I would have fallen for it gone and gotten them some.







I love this photo of Freddie.. if only I could capture the sound - he grunts trying to get your attention. He is so funny -



Darlene and Pavo, He is so BIG! I can't wait to put him and Freddie in the same pen and compare them, I am sure he is inches taller. And please don't mention to Darlene she is still "big boned"... it is an issue we share - but hey she has had 9 or 10 babies... so you can't blame it all on her eating habits.




Now you may want to know what are all the young ones looking at? I mean hey they stopped eating dinner to watch this "thing" cross their pen... and they were not happy about it being in there.
Truthfully neither was I........................................


ewwwwww...... why to children's books make opossums look
cute? I mean these things are just plain nasty, mangy, and gross!!! This was a baby - only about 8-10 inches long. I am sure Mom was somewhere - I don't know if you can tell by the photo but this little guy was haulin' .... And it was a good thing - I think there were 6 donkeys that were about ready to stomp it out of their pen.

One quick note... I don't mention my Border Collie Bonnie much.... don't really know why, I guess because she is more like a child to me, I am very emotional about her. We lost our first "baby" to Cancer 6 years ago - and Bonnie came to us to help us deal with the loss. I spend more time with Bonnie than anyone - probably including Hubby. My life revolves around Bonnie's schedule. Well she is sick. Really sick. I took her to the vet yesterday - they think she may have Cancer. We will take her back on Monday to have test done. There is a slight chance they are wrong, but we were told to prepare for it. So please say a prayer for her... if she does end up with Cancer, I do not want her to suffer. Today she is feeling much better - drugs do wonders. We will see what they say on Monday.
I need to run now, gotta get my stuff together for my class - we are making tile coasters today -lots of heavy loading and unloading.
Huge Hugs and -

12 comments:

christina d said...

The donkeys all look great. Sorry about Bonnie. I'll pray that it's anything but cancer. Have fun with the class.

Anita said...

Cute photos! Sorry to hear your sad news. I will pray for your family. Have fun with your class.

Annie said...

gorgeous donkey pics Michelle, and love Gloria's fluffyness! I am so sorry to hear about Bonnie and know how you must feel. We lost a cocker spaniel to cancer back in 2005 as she couldn't cope with the chemo drugs. I do hope you get good news from the vet on Monday, I shall be thinking about you all. hugs, annie x

ribenaruby said...

Gorgeous pics, so sad to hear of your pet Bonnie and thinking and hoping all is well.

Rach said...

gorgoeus photo's Michelle, hope all goes well for bonnie. thinking of you. hugs rachxx

Becky said...

I am so sorry to here about Bonnie, will keep you all in prayer. love the photos they always make me smile.

BethW said...

My heart and prayers are with you for Bonnie. All I can manage to say.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for Bonnie and for you. You will need to be strong now for her sake. I have lost several cat"babies" to cancer and it is never an easy road. When you love, it does not matter if it is a human or an animal that you love. It is love, true and genuine. I hope and pray that you get a miracle on Monday.

LaVerne said...

Michelle, we call our LadyBird our daughter-dog...and I know the bond you develop with a loving dog...nothing like it in the world...you will be in my heart this week as you face Bonnie's challenges.

TA Carbone said...

Oh Michelle I hope you tell us Monday what the vet says. Why do they think it is cancer, because she is still young. I pray it isn't but if it is in the mans wish ubove to want her I am sure you will know what is best. My pooh-bear is my baby and he just turned 9 and I thank the man upstairs everyday as pooh-bear still acts like a little puppy

TA
http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com

PaperSunshine said...

What an adorable picture of Freddie's sweet face! I am so sorry about Bonnie, I will say a little prayer for her. Ugh, I have been there recently myself big hugs to ya!

Heidi said...

Oh Michelle, I am so sorry to hear about your dog. i will say a prayer for her.
I LOVE the pic of Freddie. I should send you a card that you can record with and then you could send me a pic of him and the sounds for my hubby to have on his desk. I kid you not he loves Freddie!@A LOL!