Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Life is like a...

OH MY... I love this chocolate box! It is one of many new stamps released at Alota Rubber Stamps this month. Is this gorgeous or what! And it has so many purposes, as you see it is a larger stamp ( my card is 6x6 ). This means it is perfect to sit so many of our character stamps on, or standing next to. But for my first card I wanted it to be the showcase, the center of attention. I love hearts, and I adore Valentines day so you will see a whole lot of them in the next month and a half. It is not only the holiday of Love, but it is my wedding anniversary and Hubby's Birthday so we have lots to celebrate on that day. And besides pretty roses, and the day has lots of chocolate so what could be better!




Now to the card. The image is from Alota Rubber Stamps and can be found HERE. I colored lots and lots of layers with my Copic Markers, then highlighted with a white gel pen. My base for the card is Bazzill Red Card stock, with a piece of Cosmo Cricket pattern paper, the mat behind the image is from BoBunny and has the cutest brown polka dots, I don't know if you can see that in the photo. I punched the bottom of it with a Martha Stewart Border Punch, I ran a piece of silk ribbon across, trying to match the ribbon across the box... just wish my bow looked that good! I used a heart charm and at hat pin around the bow.




The flowers at the top - the bottom two brown and red are Bazzill large flowers, and the glitter flower is Heidi Grace and the love words flower is Prima. Topped with a jewelry spacer and a mini brad. Love stacking flowers! The sentiment is computer generated, matted and used corner embellishment brads. The heart is from my stash and I think it is Heidi Swapp.. I think. I gel pen stitched the edges of everything. I then decorated the inside to match finishing the sentiment...





I think this one will have to be saved for Hubby...









Well today is MIL shopping day, and actually it is MIL, SIL and Niece shopping day. With my Niece out of school and my SIL off work for the week they are going to join us for our "errands" and then we are going to lunch for some Chinese Food....mmmmmm Love Chinese Food, but Hubby doesn't really care for it - so I don't get it very often. Well I hope you have a wonderful day planned too, and have some time to get inky.. Oh and have some Chinese Food LOL YUM!


HUGS and -

19 comments:

Jingle said...

That is a GREAT stamp! So much fun! I love your card!

ribenaruby said...

What a beauty! Absolutely wonderful creation and the sentiment inside is so perfect!

Bev said...

Oh this is fabulous Michelle, I love the stamp

hugs Bev x

Annie said...

oo Michelle, what a box of chocs! fabulous card and I enjoy your day out and the Chineese food, we had a take-a-way last night! hugs, annie x

Donalda said...

Oh this is just adorable dear love the coloring and the inside of the card.

Chris (catt871) said...

Gorgeous Michelle!!! I can't wait til my Alota order comes in!!!!

Lim said...

Hummm... Yummy!!! Beautiful coloring... Spectacular card!!!
Best Wishes for 2009!!
Hugs,
LIM

Naoual said...

I love that stamp. Your card is gorgeous!

xx Naoual

Helene said...

Michelle, I love your candy box card, your shading is beautiful, you really made the box pop. I am sure your Valentine will treasure it too.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Hallo Michelle.
gosh i have such a bad feeling.. i think my christmas emails never got delieverd. I think i have to switch email accounts AGAIN :-)
thank you so much for your sweet email. I am so happy to be your friend.

your card is just FANTASTIC. That doily lace punch is super with the box. Guess what.. lol... i broke down and bought my 4. Doily punch altho i was swearing when the others all broke after just making one card. i hope my new one will last a bit longer

love
claudi

Suzanne said...

This is beautiful this looks good enough to eat and I love the flower. I have been watching all your cards and of course Donkey pics and they have all been gorgeous. Happy New Year Sue :o)

retiredheather said...

Great card Michelle. You are right, this is about the most perfect stamp there is.
Hugs
Heather

Rach said...

what a wonderful stamp Michelle, brilliant. love your card that you have made with it...looks good enough to eat. hugs rachxx

Trina said...

This card IS gorgeous Michelle!! I love the chocolate box...and see so many great possibilites with it too!! Have a wonderful New Years!!

And I don't think I thanked you yet, your card made it here before Christmas...I loved seeing all the donkeys....and especially loved the story in the inside! Even had to read it to my dear hubby! And he was the first to point out that in your picture there was a cat and dog! Thanks so much for the card...and showing us a bit of your family!!

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Love the card..it is so eye-catching! I love this box of chocs and your sentitment is just perfect!
Judy x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card Michelle, fantastic colouring! I've just ordered this stamp...love it!
Happy New Year :-)
Hugs
Carole x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card Michelle, fantastic colouring! I've just ordered this stamp...love it!
Happy New Year :-)
Hugs
Carole x

Lim said...

I loooooove this card.. OMG!! You did it again and again and again!!!
I loove your coloring. I will have to moved to Texas to learn with you... :))
This is a killer combination!!! I love it!!!

Hugs,
LIM

Linda Crowder said...

WOW this pops. I love it. Thanks for sharing. I will be sad on Valentines as it was a special day. It was the day he proposed...LOVE, there is nothing like it! Linda Crowder