Thursday, December 11, 2008

A PCP Alota Sketch Challenge


At Paper Craft Planet's Alota Rubber Stamp Group we are having a sketch challenge - Shary one of the Alota DT, created the sketch for our first challenge. Love stair stepped bands.
For my card I got to use a bunch of new things! Ok, first I was excited to use some new card stock I got at my LSS... I love the Bazzill Swiss dots! Oh my I saw them online, and couldn't hardly wait for Susan at the Scrapbook Haus to get them in! Cute huh? I got a bunch of colors so you will see this a lot in the future.
Then I was able to use some of the brand new stamps from Alota Rubber Stamps. First I used the "Winter Home" as my background, then from the "Merry Christmas Set" I used this adorable little guy... love how he is dragging the tree...
I colored them all with my Copics, then doodled the edges with my Multi-liner and high lighted with white gel pen. I used puffy paint to create the snow on the roof, ground and tree, and my Glazed Dimensions for the water, it really shines in person, and looks wet. The sentiment is also brand new from Alota and is two stamps for one called "Be Good, Snow Much" Cute huh?
My bands are from scraps, so I don't know the maker, sorry - I found three really large brown brads for my dots at the top right corner, I high lighted them with the gel pen, never done that before didn't know if it would stay, but it dried and looks neat. I then stitched all the edges.
It is a great sketch I do hope you will find a few moments in all of the hustle and bustle to join in - there are a couple of really great Valentine stamps up for the prize!
Well Hubby is off today - So don't have a clue what we will be doing. Hope you have a great Thursday planned - Oh and thank you all for the well wishes for my back - it is better today... each day a little bit right? Still moving slow, but moving is an improvement!
HUGS and-

11 comments:

Helene said...

What a great Card Michelle...makes me snicker

Rach said...

lovely card Michelle, glad to hear that your back is easing. hugs rachxx

Sharon said...

Love your take on the sketch challenge. The little house looks great with the snow.
Hope your back feels better soon and you can get back to normal. (no pun intended)

Karin and the DT-Members said...

Hi Michelle,

gorgeous card.
Love the green and red papers and funny images.
Sentiment is great.

Hugs,
xoxo Karin

Kirsten Alicia said...

Love your recent cards Michelle, the colours & papers are gorgeous. (I'm behind on my blog following, so I'm leaving just one comment. hope that's ok). Glad your back is beginning to improve. Kirsten.

Friday Sketcher Design Team said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

Michelle, again - another winner! You are so creative and talented. I LOVE the Bazzill Swiss Dots and must try to find some too. I will really miss seeing what you create during my time off line, as I move back to PA. Beautiful card. N

Ila said...

I love this card Michelle!! So Fabulous and Fun!!..and your coloring is fabulous!!..Sorry to hear you've had trouble wiht your back but glad it is getting better...Take Care!!..Hugs, Ila

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What a great image Michelle and just love the snowy scene, Glad your back is getting a little better, Have a great weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Annie said...

love the snowy scene on your card Michelle - all we have at the moment is torrential rain! glad your back is slowly improoving but do take care. hugs, annie x

Chris (catt871) said...

Cute!!! I nominated you for an award - go check out my blog!!!