Monday, December 29, 2008

Lelo Designs Bath Time!

Hello!! So are you getting back to normal? Or as normal as normal usually is? It felt so good to sit at my desk and craft yesterday. It has been days since I did anything! I was really getting grouchy about it. I was so excited to because I have a bunch of different new stamps!! Stampavie sent me my DT kit and I got it the day before Christmas was so hard to not use them right away.... so last night I pulled out one of the new LeLo Designs Stamps, this is a new collection to Stampavie and a fabulous addition! If you haven't gotten a chance to see all the new images check them out sooo cute!

I love them all, but this is probably my favorite! "Bath Time" Whoo can resist a Hippo in a bath tub with a rubber duck and bubbles? I have colored with my Copic Markers high lighted with white gel pen, then added stickles for the bubbles. Really fun to color.



For the card I used a American Crafts white 5x7 base, then all of the pattern papers and solid colors are all from Basic Grey's Urban Prairie paper pad. Love the fun colors. I created the scallop border to the right of the double matted image with my Martha Stewart Double dot border punch, the scalloped circle to the left is from my new Making Memories Slice... seemed to be perfect to match the border punch. I also used a scrap of ribbon and topped with double stack of Prima flowers two Martha Stewart Frond leaf punches, and a jewelry spacer with mini brad. I doodled the edges of the scallops and the image for some fun. It also felt really great to use bright fun colors! Don't get me wrong I love Christmas and all the red's and green's, but I was really missing my bright colors.




I think I am now back in the swing, and should be back here posting on a regular schedule. Thanks so much for allowing me to take a few days for the holidays I hope you too had a great rest and are ready to get really inky in 2009! I just got a large box of baby wipes so I am ready to get messy! Have a great Monday!

HUGS and-



8 comments:

Bev said...

Oh my This is just so super cute Michelle, LOVE the hippo image.

Fanbulous layout too - love it!!

Have a great New Year
hugs Bev x

Rach said...

a fantastic card Michelle, love the cute little hippo and great colours that you have used. glad that you had a lovely christmas. Hugs rachxx

Shirley/Jennifer said...

I really like the hippo, he is so cute in the bathtub with bubbles

Kristine said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!! :)

Ila said...

This hippo is Super Cute and your coloring, papers nad accents are Fabulous!!
Thank you so much for kind words and prayers concerning Buddy...I am so sorry about your Bonnie...I will be sending thoughts and prayers up for her too..it is so Sad ...they are just like children....Take Care!!..Hugs, Ila

Annie said...

good to see you back Michelle and getting those new stamps all inky! such a fun image and love the bright colours. hugs, annie x

Sharon said...

He is cute!! Gorgeous card Michelle.
Hoping to get back to normal and back to crafting now. :0)

Heidi said...

this card is soooo cute Michelle. I really love the image and your coloring is stunning like always

Hugs from
heidi