Thursday, December 4, 2008

Winter Wishes with Whiff of Joy



How pretty is this image. I love her. Well we love all Whiff of Joy images don't we? I have been seeing her with the dark hair on a few blogs, and I knew when I saw the SEI Alpine Frost pad at Micheal's this week (hehe on sale) that I had to use the reds with this very WOJ image and dark hair.
So this week there was another brilliant sketch by Heather, I followed the sketch with three pattern papers, and a cream colored card stock base. All the papers are from the SEI Alpine Frost paper pad. I colored with my Copic Markers, and white gel pen. Then cut my circle with Nestibilities, and then a larger circle with the solid red from the SEI collection. Doodled the edges, of course - it just seems blank with out it. I then went back to the pattern papers and sewed them down with silver thread, it really catches the light in person, as it is a real metallic thread. You have to sew much slower when using this type of thread, it will stretch and break. I found some glittered snowflakes for my three dots at the bottom. To follow the sketch I pulled out 5 white flowers.. yes white. I then sprayed them with my compressor and Copic Dark Red (same as I used on the dress). Oh I am really going to have to stock up on white flowers!!! I centered them with jewelery spacers and white mini brads. For the sentiment... it too is from Whiff of Joy, the "Sending Winter Wishes" Sentiment, it was just too long for the spot I had, so I stamped it out and carefully cut off the Sending. Then out lined it with the dark red Copic. At the very end.. I saved the all the fur areas of the image, cuffs, boot tops, etc. I used a puffy paint and very lightly added it to the image. I didn't want too much to loose the black lines in the areas. I love the colors of this one, and it is a great sketch - you should give it a go!
Well Hubby is off today so we are going to run "his" errands this morning... who knows where all we end up... I am sure one of the "man's mall"... (Lowes, the hardware store, and Sporting goods store for sure) wonder if I can sneak in a craft store?
Hope you have a great day and have some time to ink up some stamps!
HUGS and-

15 comments:

Jingle said...

This is so pretty! I love the deep reds that you chose! Perfect for that stamp!

Suzanne said...

Oh wow this is beautiful I love the colours and she looks fabulous with her dark hair. Sue :o)

Annie said...

gorgeous card Michelle and love those dp papers, especially the pine branch one. And such a cute image beautifully coloured - lovin' the puffy stuff too! hugs, annie x

Heidi said...

this is so pretty my friend-love the image and I really love your coloring

Hugs from
Heidi

Ila said...

This is Beautiful Michelle!! I love the deep colors...your coloring and papers are Wonderful!!..Hugs, Ila

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card and I agree, a fab stamp!
Clairex

Rach said...

Michelle this is so pretty. love lizzie with the dark hair. hugs rachxx

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the rich colours.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Michelle and love the gorgeous colours and sweet image, Hugs, Nikki x

retiredheather said...

Fantastic! Love the papers you used. Beautiful.
Happy Holidays
Heather

Karin said...

Gorgeous cards you've made the last few days.
Always a joy to see your great cards.

Hugs,
xoxo Karin

COCO said...

this card is very pretty !!!

Ali Watson said...

Oh this is gorgeous the the rich colours you have chosen. Hope you have a fab weekend.

Sally said...

Love the rich colors you have used. Your card is stunning.

Donalda said...

Gorgeous Michelle. Do love the colors you used. THanks for joining us this week